Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Con Graz you've been Terminated

edited January 2006 in General Banter
The Terminator has been terminated: early yesterday the piqued Austrian city of Graz removed the words "Arnold Schwarzenegger" from the city's football stadium after tempers flared over the California governor's refusal to spare the life of a death-row prisoner. The impromptu midnight renaming ceremony means the stadium will revert to being known simply as Stadion Graz-Liebenau, after the district of the city where it is located.

The former film star, who was born in Graz, demanded that the city remove his name from the stadium after fierce criticism from the residents of Graz of the execution of Stanley "Tookie" Williams, a multiple murderer who died by lethal injection earlier this month.

Promotional articles about Schwarzenegger have now been removed from Graz's official website but tempers remain frayed. A brief news item on the site reporting the name change prompts the pithy comment from one reader, Helmut Horn: "Good. You don't name sports stadiums after murderers."

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Exactly
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    I get the distinct impression that Mr. "I'll be Back" is fine and dandy dishing it out infront of the cameras, with special effects, and enough weapons to wipe out an entire country, but not a mark on him. However, when 'Real Life' rears it's head, he ain't so good at takin' it....:grr: :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    is it just me or does Zenmonk look like Jason Newstead?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    I get the distinct impression that Mr. "I'll be Back" is fine and dandy dishing it out infront of the cameras, with special effects, and enough weapons to wipe out an entire country, but not a mark on him. However, when 'Real Life' rears it's head, he ain't so good at takin' it....:grr: :lol:

Freddie,

Movies are just movies. You don't expect him to go around in life doing what he does in the movies, do you?

I have a coupon for "Receive One Free Reality Check" courtesy of moi.

-bf
    edited January 2006
    Craig wrote:
    is it just me or does Zenmonk look like Jason Newstead?

His head cocks to the side like Quasimodo's...

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Freddie,

Movies are just movies. You don't expect him to go around in life doing what he does in the movies, do you?

I have a coupon for "Receive One Free Reality Check" courtesy of moi.

-bf

Just 'tongue-in-cheeking' BF.....;)
  • edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    His head cocks to the side like Quasimodo's...

-bf
    sure , i mean, no question, but i see jason newstead more.
    edited January 2006
    i've often thought he reminds me of someone - i just can't place it yet...

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    you look like a young Sean Connery. You lucky stud.
  • edited January 2006
    No no no. That's Harry Enfield.
    edited January 2006
    In 'Perry' Mode.....!