Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Grrr, keith angry, keith smash!

keithgkeithg Explorer
edited January 2006 in General Banter
Gonna blow off steam with this post.
My friend Andrew calls me up and asks if I want to go bowling, I say yes, he gives me all the information and everything is arranged.

We get to the bowling ally, Andrew, his sister Jen, his friend Lalo, and I play through one game and are starting our second one. Andrew goes to use the bathroom, his sister Jen goes to check on him, she and andrew come out of there, his sister is crying, they come down to where we are and Jen says "We've gotta go" I am really confused whats going on. They start changing their shoes so I follow suit. We are walking towards the entrance in a hurry, Andrew is ahead of us, he tells an employee something. I hear her say "thats assault the security guard is out front". We go out front, Andrew starts telling the security guard what happened, he says that a guy came into the bathroom and put his hand around his throat and started accusing him of making a drug deal. The fellow who did this comes up (:werr: ) and starts cussing at Andrew. The security guard, and someone who is on their break start trying to figure out what the heck is going on. By this time Jen calls their parents and tells them to come to the bowling alley right away.

I call my mom, ask her to come and I tell her why, she asks me if the man is a policeman, I ask the fellow as politely as possible and try to assure him I dont want to offend him (He is already very angry about nothing >:O). He mockingly tells me "No, I am a friend of the owner". So she gets off the phone with me and starts driving to the bowling alley. After this Andrew, the disgruntled man, the security guard, and the employee on her break all have a conversation that leads to the guy calling over his buddy that supposedly saw Andrew make this drug deal. He walks over from a rusty looking van parked sideways in the parking lot, engine on, and its near the exit of the parking lot. I have no clue why he didnt just drive the van closer. :werr:

Once he gets there and he says that he thinks he saw someone who looked like Andrew make a drug deal. I ask him in the same way as before if he is a policeman. This enrages the first guy (disgruntled man) who then proceedes to stand less than a foot away from me to intimidate me and tells me in a very vulgar way to stop the "officer s***". If it werent for Andrews parents showing up very shortly afterward, I would have immediatly called the cops.

So his parents show up, they are calm at first, but by the time Andrew tells them that he grabbed his throat his dad (extremely large man) gets very, angry. His mother walks over to the van, while calling the cops. The guy tries to follow her to the van, Andrews dad grabs the guy by the arm of the shirt, Andrew, Jen, and I all have to get in front of his dad to stop him from getting himself in trouble. The disgruntled man runs off to his van, Andrews mother comes back, a policecar shortly quickly drives partly into the entrance, comes to a screeching halt when they realize they drove off, backs up quickly and pulls out to chase them. To sum up the rest, another cop came and Andrew basically told them the whole story. Andrew declined the chance to persue the man in court. I went home blowing off alot of steam that I had held in, because I wanted to stay focused in this situation.

Thanks for those that read it, I am really ticked off at this guy ruining my night.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Feel free to blow a gasket any time.
    From what I can gather in your post, you kept in control of the situation, and did really well... hats off to you for not contributing to, or exacerbating the situation....

It could have go a lot more serious and a lot more dangerous...I'm glad everyone lost nothing but their tempers....
    And that's ok.
    But don't let it fester, don't harbour resentment, and don't dwell on it.

(If you find out how to do this, could you let me know?) ;)
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2006
    I find myself very, very good at containing my anger but when it dose get bad it gets REALLY bad. Sometimes I just bottle it up and forget about it till I have bottled so much I am like a shaken wine bottle. Any advice on some healthy ways of letting it out? Otherwise I can hogtie my anger pretty well if I catch it when its suprised. Which is usually the case.
  • edited January 2006
    keithg wrote:
    I find myself very, very good at containing my anger but when it dose get bad it gets REALLY bad. Sometimes I just bottle it up and forget about it till I have bottled so much I am like a shaken wine bottle. Any advice on some healthy ways of letting it out?

Yes,

Meditation - The Seat of Enlightenment
  • edited January 2006
    Hello, Keithg!

Welcome. My name is Adiana.
    I read your post and I was glad to read that the situation did not escalate into something far worse. I have always had a problem with anger and I have had to learn how to control it. My practice of Buddhism is changing that. I can still get mad, but I think more carefully about WHY I am getting mad and the courses of action that are open to me. I try to choose the best one for me, and it is not easy, either. I wish you and your family all the best life has to offer.

Adiana:usflag: :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    (Adiana, your message posted twice, so I removed the first one prior to your editing... I had to smile, because of your signature... but I just thought I'd help....) ;)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Hi Keith,

I like your avatar.

Is that Multnomah?

-bf
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Hi Keith,

I like your avatar.

Is that Multnomah?

-bf
    Yeah, I have had many fond memories there with family. Lots of picnics and such.
    edited January 2006
    I like it there. Just went there last year.

-bf
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I like it there. Just went there last year.

-bf
    How far up did you go? My aunt Debbie (park ranger at Mt Rainier) drove us past the falls a ways when they had closed off the regular path due to that boulder accident. Ugh, it took forever to go through that detour just so we could go to the top of the falls. :(
    edited January 2006
    keithg wrote:
    How far up did you go? My aunt Debbie (park ranger at Mt Rainier) drove us past the falls a ways when they had closed off the regular path due to that boulder accident. Ugh, it took forever to go through that detour just so we could go to the top of the falls. :(

I've gone there a number of times. Last time was when my girlfriend and I went to the coast with nothing but some wine, some bread, a couple of changes of clothes and CRAB POTS.

Oh my goodness! I know I should go into any of the crabbing details being that crabs are sentient beings and the slaughter of helpless beings. But..... oh. my. goodness.

I have to stop. I'm starting to feel evil talking about how wonderful crab is.

There were also a lot of nice walks on the beach.

-bf

and crab.
    edited January 2006
    Oh... I forgot to mention...

I used to walk up there all the time (even the couple of times it was closed at the top - WITH NO NOTIFICATION ON THE WAY UP, da dirty bastards...

Last time, it was just a stop for some pics for my watercolor reference picture collection.

-bf
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Oh... I forgot to mention...

I used to walk up there all the time (even the couple of times it was closed at the top - WITH NO NOTIFICATION ON THE WAY UP, da dirty bastards...

Last time, it was just a stop for some pics for my watercolor reference picture collection.

-bf
    Did you take the normal route? Or did you take the winding trail as a detour? When we hiked up that trail we ended up facing the back of the sign that tells you to not go any farther. So since we were behind it already... we just kept going. :winkc:
    edited January 2006
    For the last 10 or 15 years - I've just done the "lookey see" thing.

Last time I made it up to the top, it was a hike on an asphalt trail.

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Tsk Tsk. Crab pots mmmmmmmmmmmm

naughty boy.

*wink*
  • edited January 2006
    I don't get why this guy attacked you in the first place. I mean even if you were dealing drugs, how is that his business and why would he get so worked up over it as to actually attack you? seriously, I see drug deals going on around the streets, and I just avoid those types of people.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    keithg,
    That was so great that you guys could call your parents. Very smart move. As well as calling the police. You know why that man got so into your face about the question "Are you a police officer?" ? Because he was a bully, and he was scared. Calling the cops was a very shrewd move. That guy knew he could bully you guys, but even the mere mention of the cops got his fear going. And that's also why the whole situation dissolved so quickly when the police showed up. Nicely done!

Buddhafoot, I LOVE you new avatar! LOVE it. It's absolutely hilarious. So sweet. And yet...tangy. lol
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2006
    mr-devious wrote:
    I don't get why this guy attacked you in the first place. I mean even if you were dealing drugs, how is that his business and why would he get so worked up over it as to actually attack you? seriously, I see drug deals going on around the streets, and I just avoid those types of people.
    I think there was another motive, he might have expected to rob Andrew in the bathroom or something.... Even if he saw a drug deal, just HIS word and no other evidence achieves nothing without the police. And he should have called the police in the first place if he did see it. But we were in the building the whole time, and Andrews bathroom trip was to short for him to have gone to the corner and make a drug deal.... (Which is what his friend who came over in the van had said he thought he saw.)
    Brigid wrote:
    keithg,
    That was so great that you guys could call your parents. Very smart move. As well as calling the police. You know why that man got so into your face about the question "Are you a police officer?" ? Because he was a bully, and he was scared. Calling the cops was a very shrewd move. That guy knew he could bully you guys, but even the mere mention of the cops got his fear going. And that's also why the whole situation dissolved so quickly when the police showed up. Nicely done!

Buddhafoot, I LOVE you new avatar! LOVE it. It's absolutely hilarious. So sweet. And yet...tangy. lol
    Yeah... he did a HORRIBLE job setting up the situation to bully us. And his choice of words he used to accuse Andrew of this... really badly thought out. He got really freaked out when Andrew's dad showed up. :lol: