Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Are Singaporeans really like that?

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited January 2006 in General Banter
I am writing here to address an issue that I long wanted to rebutt.Singaporeans are always been labeled as 'kiasu'.going for free stuff and even rude.To me,I felt that was too much.We all have our own down points.Yet,an incident today got me agreeing with this statement.

Me and my friend Kenneth was walking from a quite crowded shopping mall when we walked past a lady in pain.She was bent over and was squatting in obvious pain.Her eyes were feeled with tears and it was obvious she wasn't acting.

STILL,NOT EVEN ONE PERSON WENT TO HELP HER.I saw about more than ten people walking past her and some evn stared at her without offering help.Turning to my friend,I asked him and we together went to ask whether the lady was ok.She was in so much pain and clutching her back that she could just gasp out the words.A kind man walking by gave us some money and we ran a whole long distance with our huge bags to the supermarket to buy medicine for the lady.

When we arrived,I could still see some people with the cheek to stand there and stare at her like some kind of show.HELLO!!! PEOPLE!!..there is NO camera nearby.I then accompanied her to the taxi stand and saw her of.But throughout my journey home,I kept myself thinking.Are Singaporeans really like that?:angry:

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I don't think it's just Singaporeans. This happens in other places all over the world. It's sad and infuriating. You did a good thing.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    True, Brigid.

Lack of compassion is rampant everywhere.

-bf