Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Guided" metta bhavana online

nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran
edited August 2011 in Meditation
After ceasing metta bhavana solo practice a while back, I found that my levels of frustration, anger and impatience were on the rise. So I've come back to the practice, but was looking for some guidance. I've found a site called wildmind.org whose free meditation courses seem helpful. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of this site, or any other suggestions.

Comments

• the most recent Youtube upload on Buddhism

• DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited August 2011
    the 2nd most recent Youtube upload on Buddhism

i liked the visualisation at 5:25, especially visualising the breathing of others

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran
    Thanks, DD! I especially liked the monk's discussion of metta techniques. Who is he? As he mentioned in the first part of the video, I have some difficulty cultivating metta towards myself. Sometimes it's even easier to direct metta towards a "difficult" person than myself. Is this unusual?

As an aside, sometimes I get stuck in a rut and start thinking that there must be one right way to meditate, or do metta bhavana. Got to stop clinging...
  • It's Ajahn Jayasaro, nazakid, and you can find his Buddhist meditation series on YouTube. The first one (1) is the introduction.