Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I cannot see many differences between zen and stoic philosophy!

zenmystezenmyste Veteran
edited August 2011 in Sanghas
Anyone read marcus aurelius meditations?

Its an amazing book of ones reflections and like a self help guide!!

But it just like reading about zen (I think anyway)

What do you think boys and girls?

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    I loved Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations" when I read it a long time ago. And I have no doubt that the emperor's thoughts intersect here and there with thoughts expressed in the world of Zen. But to the best of my knowledge, Marcus Aurelius, for all of his insight, never offered a (meditation) practice within which to realize/actualize the wisdom or understanding he referred to intellectually.
  • Could Zeno have heard "anything" from Alexander's army returning from India?
    mmm, we just dont know do we and will never know. It was SO many years ago.
    Thats what is interesting about all these philosophy debates. No one really knows where it all came from.
    mmm, we just dont know do we and will never know. It was SO many years ago.
    Thats what is interesting about all these philosophy debates. No one really knows where it all came from.
    Doesnt matter if we dun have historical proofs. What matters is does it make sense with scientific back up.