Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

do u think there will ever be a New religion/philosophy like buddhism,taoism,stoic,etc etc..

edited August 2011 in Faith & Religion
Or do you think EVERYTHING has already been done before!
Every idea has probably been thought of! ?

MOD EDIT: Moved to Buddhism & World Religions (seriously guys check what section you're posting in, Buddhism for Beginners is not a dumping ground for threads... it's for helpful Buddhism material for Beginners.)

Comments

• "Ever" is a looooooooong time.
  • a derivative of an existing religion... at most.

science is the new religion, btw.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I think Vincenzi is right...derivatives will come along. And remember, all religions are not THAT old. Take for example Mormonism...only around since the 1820s. But of course, that's another derivative.
  • Sure, sceintology comes to mind. Agnosticism is also a religion of sorts.
  • I guess people who believe in Scientology would say that this is a new philosophy/religion.
  • Are we assuming "ever" to mean the microscopically short span of human (homo sapiens) history on the minuscule little dust spec called earth, or are we talking "ever" anywhere? :)
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Maybe? Why not?
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited August 2011
    I believe the "Hare Krishna/Krishna Consciousness" religion was basically started in the 1960s as a branch of Hinduism (yogi stuff). Scientology was mentioned. And also there is "New Age" stuff like the "Galactic Federation of Light". If you don't know what that is, you probably are better off not knowing lol! But definitely a lot of new age stuff like that will end up turning into full blown religions.

I attract some people like that in my life that are into those new religions, and it can be a bit difficult for me not to offend them when they start to talk about god. It's always an interesting challenge to get along with people like that though. I just try not to discuss religion too much around them.
  • I believe the "Hare Krishna/Krishna Consciousness" religion was basically started in the 1960s as a branch of Hinduism (yogi stuff).
    That's not really new. They're Gaudiya Vaishnavas. It's a fairly old religious tradition that traces back several hundred years.