Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Has anyone been to or heard of Shambhala Mountain Center?

edited March 2006 in Sanghas
I would greatly like to go there. It looks lovely.

For those who don't know what it is: www.shambhalamountain.org

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Haven't been there, but it is a wonderful place as many who have been there have told me. It's now largely known for the 108 foot Stupa there that contains the relics of the Vidyadhara Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, one of the most influential Vajrayana Buddhist teachers in the West in the 20th Century. It's an amazing example of Buddhist art! It's also a practice center run by the Shambhala organization, Trungpa's legacy, which is now headed by his son, Sakyong Mipham, who shares his father's wonderful sense of humor and penetrating insight into Western idiosyncracies. If you can get there, I highly recommend it. Then you can swing down to Sedona and visit our stupa - a red Amitabha stupa nestled in the red rocks of Sedona!

Palzang
  • edited February 2006
    Palzang...when my husband and I go back to Sedona for our wedding anniversary, I would like to visit you there!

Infanta, I have not been to that center, but I would like to check it out as well. Let us know if you decide to go!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Palzang...when my husband and I go back to Sedona for our wedding anniversary, I would like to visit you there!

Infanta, I have not been to that center, but I would like to check it out as well. Let us know if you decide to go!

Sure. Just let me know when you're comin'!

Palzang
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Infanta,
    I just noticed your "Support Love" message. VERY COOL!
  • edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:

I have not been to the center in Colorado but am looking for a good one between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington
  • edited March 2006
    Jerbear wrote:
    Infanta,
    I just noticed your "Support Love" message. VERY COOL!
    Thank you. I appreciate that.