Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Change Your Mind Day

ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
edited May 2005 in General Banter
Is on June 4th

http://www.tricycle.com/new.php?p=Change%20Your%20Mind%20Day

I had wanted to organize one in my area, but didn't get the chance! Maybe next year!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2005
    Lucky you!
    If I tried to do the same around here, I'm not really sure I'd have many takers....the French are decidedly.... 'odd' ..... when it comes to things they collectively label as cults... :(
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited April 2005
    That's odd, considering Thich Nhat Hanh's sangha, Plum Village , is in France!

Have you ever visited?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2005
    Yes, I know, but it's quite a way from here, (tho' admittedly, Tibet's a bit farther away.....!) But time, family constraints and work commitments are keeping me here for a while..... I will get there though, I'm sure! It's not so much the absence or lack of suitable places, it's the French attitude which is more restrictive. The French are definitely - reticent - when it comes to faith or spirituality.
    edited May 2005
    Here's an updated list of locations for CYM day. Nothing to close to me, so maybe next year, I'll try organizing one myself!

http://www.tricycle.com/foundation/change_listings.html
    edited May 2005
    hello Zen howya bin? :)
    edited May 2005
    Hey Fed, what's that you sed?
    edited May 2005
    I said....... "Greetings my good friend ZenLunatic, pray tell me how are you?" So much for my attempt at modern, trendy hip and young chick attempts to post..... at my age, I should know better! :lol::lol:
    edited May 2005
    Mea culpa, I thought it was an attempt to rhyme! Zen, bin (been)? that ryhmes. Fed, sed (said). That ryhmes :)
    edited May 2005
    (Crypes, we're moving onto Latin now.....!)

Would it be fun if every time
    a post came up it was in rhyme?
    take the last line of the previous post,
    find the word that rhymes the most,
    type your message, then submit.....
  • edited May 2005
    Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit :D
    edited May 2005
    Hey, that's cheating! But quite cunning....
    To my latin I am running,
    Find a phrase, and simply say,
    Carpe diem - seize the day!
    Gosh, I like this excercise,
    makes us agile, witty, wise,
    So who's next to find the words......