Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen-Monkey

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited February 2006 in Sanghas
Anybody seen him around lately...?

Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!!!

Olly-olly oxen free! (whatever the hell that means...)

-bf

Comments

• edited February 2006
    I wondered where he is earlier.
    He's been very quiet lately......
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I think it's because he's ascared.

I had to give him the ole Zen one-two combo one time and he ran off...

Like a little giiiiiiiiirl.

Just kidding. I do wonder where he is though. When I do find him, he's grounded.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    With no hot cocoa.

or tea.

I don't know where he got to either.....:wtf: :eekblue:
    edited February 2006
    Roight.

I migh' 'hafta paddle 'is bum too!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Olly-olly oxen free! (whatever the hell that means...)

-bf

LOL!!! Do people in other countries know what you are talking about?

I was wondering where he was as well.....

Red Rover, Red Rover, let Zen Monkey come over!
    edited February 2006
    It sounds quite exotic if you change some of the vowels and consonants...

Red Rovaire, Red Rovaire, let zee Monkey come ovaire!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Oh, see...now you're gonna make KnitWitch all mad with your fake accent! She knows you're not French!
    edited February 2006
    Hee, hee... funny.

Well, I've been using my fake-o Asian accent on her - so I'm using this to try to throw Knitwit off my trail!

Maybe I'd better try another one...

"Enough of dis speakink."

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Maybe he's on retreat?
  • edited February 2006

BELIEFNET:

Home > Community > Discussions > Buddhism > Zen Buddhism

M.I.A. Select posts per page 1 post per page 4 posts per page 8 posts per page 12 posts per page 16 posts per page
    This discussion area is for Buddhists to talk with each other. Others may participate as respectful guests; but criticism of Buddhist beliefs must be directed to the Debate Forum. Neighborhood Watch: Click to report a problem ..... Apply to be the moderator
    Sign in to reply

Zeean
    2/23/2006 1:37 AM 1 out of 2

I noticed Zenmonk Genryu hasn't posted in awhile.
    He has been extremely helpful in this forum.
    Just hoping everything is O.K.

With respect,
    Z

zenmonk_genryu
    2/23/2006 5:31 AM 2 out of 2

It is. I just got tired of people asking questions and then arguing with the answer. I also got tired of other people's ideas of what Zen is, what Buddhism is and what Zen monks are. So I put it all down. ;o)

Take good care of yourself

Sign in to reply

Home > Community > Discussions > Buddhism > Zen Buddhism
  • edited February 2006
    Hmmmm....well, from that I can only assume that he feels the same way about this forum?? I am sorry he feels that way. He was a very good teacher and I hope he returns.

Kim
    edited February 2006
    Damnit.

That blows.

I just can't help but think that there is a lesson in here somewhere though...

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Absolutely...don't ask a questions and then argue with the answer, especially if it is from someone who knows what they are talking about!
    edited February 2006
    I was thinking more along the lines of:

Answer questions that may be asked of you, but don't let others responses, ridicule, or anger affect you in a fashion that causes discomfort.

Life is going to be full of responses, verbal or physical, that we don't like. Even Buddha left ridicule and anger with those who offered it to him.

I will miss him and it pisses me off that he left. Maybe I'll try to contact him somehow. I miss his participation, terse replies, humorous comments and interesting and thought provoking posts.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Yea, that lesson is way better than mine.
    edited February 2006
    Oh!, but you had a good lesson too, schmoopsy!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    "Schmoopsy"???? I think I like "Yoda" better! :)
    edited February 2006
    You're right...

My apologies.

You and I need more of what I've listed below. I forget my place.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    LOL!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Well, he's just tired. I don't blame him. I'm hopeful that he'll come back. We are a very rare community on the web after all, aren't we? Or so I've heard. So, maybe we'll hear from him soon.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Well, I should be sorry if he doesn't return. It was always a privilege to read his posts. I wish him well.

Martin.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2006
    zenmonk_genryu
    2/23/2006 5:31 AM 2 out of 2

It is. I just got tired of people asking questions and then arguing with the answer. I also got tired of other people's ideas of what Zen is, what Buddhism is and what Zen monks are. So I put it all down. ;o)

Take good care of yourself
    Kowtaaia, are these real words of Genryu's? I noticed under newbuddhist members list that there was an N/A under last post by Zenmonk Genryu. I'm hoping he's just taking a break for a while. I could not access beliefnet's Buddhist crypt.

He has been so generous with his time, especially in his response to private questions, and I certainly learned a lot from him. He always conducted himself most respectfully, I thought.

Nirvana

I've noticed NB logging me out sometimes - but not at others. Don't know why that is.

I just use it for a lesson - things are sometimes what they seem - and at other times... not.

Just think of being "logged in" as another sign of impermanence...

-buddhafoot
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Missing ZM too.

find out someone, where he's got to.

regards,
    X
  • edited February 2006
    Nirvana wrote:
    Kowtaaia, are these real words of Genryu's? I noticed under newbuddhist members list that there was an N/A under last post by Zenmonk Genryu. I'm hoping he's just taking a break for a while. I could not access beliefnet's Buddhist crypt.

He has been so generous with his time, especially in his response to private questions, and I certainly learned a lot from him. He always conducted himself most respectfully, I thought.

Nirvana

http://aol.beliefnet.com/boards/discussion_list.asp?boardID=303
  • edited February 2006
    Hiya Yodamama, I think that it is a great shame that Zen Monk has apparently left the forum. The last few weeks has seen some people come on here with less than pure motives. I like BF am sad to see him go but life goes on eh?
  • edited February 2006
    Hi Nick! I just sent fede a pm this morning asking her where you have been. So, where have you been??

You're new avatar is confusing me...is that George W in disguise???
    edited February 2006
    I got an email from him.

I think he's gone for awhile, if not for good. :(

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I don't suppose you can expand on that if it's of a personal nature, but if it's not, could you let us know why? If not, it's not really important. Just curious. I'm getting pretty comfy with impermanence. Ooops. Probably shouldn't have said that. (Still superstitious. LOL!)

Brigid
    edited February 2006
    ZM didn't really state any reasons.

I think it's just a decision, probably, based upon return on investment.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Okay. I can accept that. It must have been a bit of a drag on his energy to have to keep explaining everything over and over and then defend himself all the time. Even though we're supposed to do that with our teachers it must have been overwhelming in a setting like the internet. That's way too many students! LOL! I admire him for being able to do it at all.
    But I'm sure going to miss him, like you guys. But you guys knew him a lot better than I did, so it must be harder for you. But who knows what's around the next corner? Maybe another great teacher will come along! You never know...

Love,
    Brigid
    edited February 2006
    Oddly enough...

Who of us really knows the others here?

You could be a sociopath, for all I know.

I know I'm not one. No!, shut up. I wasn't talking to you. Go away. You're not supposed to be here. Night time is the only time you get to play. Go away! Stop! Get out of my head!

Yeah... I'm pretty sure there could be some dangerous people out here.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    If we can glean any good out of any situation, then it is to know that whatever has happened, has taught us something. The skill is to figure out what...
    But as with everything (as Brigid pouinted out) there is a beginning, a middle and an end...But in however subtle a way, eveyrthing counts.
    I may disagree or be disappointed in his decision, but.....

Let's just hope he does come back one day, and leave it at that.
  • edited February 2006
    Well when things got nasty on here with a couple of people I said I was going and ZMG Pm'ed me to ask me to stay. Now I don't think I contribute diddly but he said I did and I should stay. So I have emailed him too and asked him to come back because we miss him

AND I WILL PERSONALLY BITE THE LEGS OFF THE NEXT PERSON TO DISS HIM IF HE DOES COME BACK, IN THE SPIRIT OF COMPASSION AND KINDLY TEACHING OF COURSE
  • edited February 2006
    He's coming back! Whey hey hey!

:ukflag:
    edited February 2006
    I know.... ;)

and I for one am delighted.... Welcome back ZenMonk.... :thumbsup:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Thank God!! PHEW!!

Brigid
    edited February 2006
    Er, Brigid... I think ZM would be the first to say that 'God' has nothing to do with it - !! :lol::lol:
  • edited February 2006
    Get him a cup of tea. He likes tea !

B0000DBN2K.01-AWBLSJZEYXQUP._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
  • edited February 2006
    maybe he is here..lol
    waitin and countin ..to see how many peoples care..
    playin hard to get..
    geesh whata monkey
  • edited February 2006
    just kiddin of course!!
    hope he is ok..
  • edited February 2006
    You never know Colleen, you might be right. :winkc:

22.jpg

Mikô suigetsu o saguri,
    Shi ni itaru made kyûketsu sezu.
    Hôshu shinsen ni mossureba,
    Jippô hikari kôketsu.

The monkey is reaching for the moon in the water
    Until death overtakes him he'll never give up.
    If he'd let go the branch and disappear in the deep pool,
    The whole world would shine with dazzling pureness.

- Hakuin (1685-1768)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    good to see you back ZM.

I missed you.

regards,
    Xray
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Hi, Genryu!
    Yaaayyy!

Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    You will notice that Brigid is following me around the forums...Just humour her (she is stalking me).

Oh! Hi Brigid...

regards,
    Xrayman
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    LOL!!!!
  • edited February 2006
    Hi ZM! Good to have you back. :)

Kim
    edited February 2006
    Yeah... thanks for coming back, ya wanker.

I wasn't done with you yet!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    LMAO :wavey: