Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Muscle build-up, for lazy/busy people

NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
edited October 2011 in General Banter
I started college, and my schedule is chaotic. I began to gain some fat on the belly, and the rest of the body, is just skinny, especially the forearms and the cheek bones. I want to put up some muscle, or, if I can't manage that, just to add some meat to those bones. How should a lazy/busy man's fitness session look like, i nthese conditions ?

Comments

• Google prison workouts, you do not need a gym for it, or any special equipment.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    Thanks for the advice. Tried it, and works perfectly.
    Now, with the risk of hi-jacking Mr Serenity's thread, I wonder what kind of food will help me put some meat on my skinny bones ? ( Romanian food consists mostly of fat and carbohydrates).
  • I want to put up some muscle, or, if I can't manage that, just to add some meat to those bones.
    "Meat" = muscle. No difference. If you bulk up without adding muscle, you'll just be adding fat. Those are the only two choices you have for increasing tissue mass (other than being over-hydrated, but that gets eliminated quickly).

I know I'll add just fat. I thought about this option too, but just gone a bit out of hand. I mean, the fat only adds up on my belly, and not on the other parts, like...chest or the hips, leaving me somewhat like a skeleton with a round belly.
    So, I know I have to do some work-out. But time is not with me on this one, as I now have to study tons of anatomical genetic, chemical and physical info, and I can't really find the occasions to do some work-outs.
  • You have to make the time. Everybody (including me) that I know is extremely busy. Insanely so sometimes. But if you want to make time for it, you will. Nobody can force you.
  • edited October 2011

Now, with the risk of hi-jacking Mr Serenity's thread, I wonder what kind of food will help me put some meat on my skinny bones ? ( Romanian food consists mostly of fat and carbohydrates).
    Carne, pește, brînză... orice fel de proteină.
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited October 2011
    Get a gym membership if there is one near by. Should be affordable, mine is only about $20 a month. Then begin weight lifting twice a week. That's all, twice a week of weight lifting for 60 minutes will go a long way for you. Also listen to an mp3 player while doing it. That will make it fun and make you pass your limits easier.

Check out Luimarco's channel on youtube. There is lots of valuable information about weight lifting there. I really like him too. He may inspire you. But yeah, it doesn't take too much time to build muscle.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/luimarco
    @ Compassionate warrior
    Looool, how do you know Romanian ?? :)) Don't tell me. Google Translate !

@ Mr Serenity
    Unfortunately, my finances are strictly at a minimum level because of the college ( I have to pay taxes because of some bad days I had, the commute costs, the food in town, in case I finished my home-made snacks costs a lot) so I have to deal it the free and available for everybody way. BTW , your gym fee is cheaper than most of the gyms I know.
    I'll try lifting some weights, after I combine it with the prison work-out Hubris suggested.
  • Am învățat românește la universitate, și am fost în Româniă mai multe oare. Îmi place România foarte mult, specific munții apuseni. Sinaia la fel e foarte frumoasă.
    edited October 2011
    @Compassionate Warrior
    Mă bucur să aud asta ! Ştiu, Munţii Apuseni sunt un rai pe pământ, iar Sinaia...în ziua de azi e sufocată de turişti. Oare, cât de mult se studiază româna în SUA sau alte ţări, mai ales în universităţi ? Sau, ce te-a îndemnat să înveţi limba română ?
  • I appreciate that you guys like to communicate in your native language, but for the benefit of everyone here, could you please do so via private message and keep replies in the forums in English? My Romanian is a little rusty..

Does your university not have any kind of health facilities (gymnasium, pool, running track, etc) available for student use? I can't think of one in the US that doesn't.
    Romania is a bit different. The university I'm studying in does have some sports facility, but the bad part is, that I can't do any sports this semester ( there are two semesters in an university year) and, when I'll do sports, I'll probably have 4 hours a week. In my country sports is regarded as useless in schools, so people try to reduce the number of hours a week for sports. They go by the principle that " Oh, what sports in school ? Let's add up one hour of maths/other useless subject instead of wasting time at Sports ! If they want sports they have neighborhood gyms ! (which are more expensive than Mr Serenity's when it comes to monthly fees)".
    @ Hubris
    Maaaan, your recommended training is a lot tougher that it seemed. Doing some series today, I realized how out of shape I have become due to staying at home for a year studying continuously. Looks like I have to take up some jogging to compensate for the lack of physical condition.
    If I am allowed to add up something...what martial arts training can I do inside my room ? I refer to punching, kicking, anything than can be done in a 5X5 square meters space. ( it'll be somewhat related to the work-out routine).