Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Under the shadow of my parents love - Our first gods

HanzzeHanzze Veteran
edited October 2011 in Arts & Writings

*smile*

Comments

• Very beautiful
  • The Lord Buddha was asked by a student as to "where is Brahma, the creator?"
    The Lord answered that 'Brahma' is Not in some place above or in the sky BUT right at every home... OUR PARENTS!

They are the ones who created us, created our 'world' for us, who gave us everything they could possibly afford and unconditional love. If anyone asks for your creator, yes, they are your parents.
    Brahma is sitting right at home and if you wish to respect Brahma, then go home and respect your parents! Hence this song, "Brahma of my Heart".

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2PNMPjEBE&feature=share&h=YAQAXsDiW
  • This was said by the Blessed One, said by the Arahant, so I have heard:
    "Living with Brahma are those families where, in the home, mother & father are revered by the children.
    Living with the first devas are those families where, in the home, mother & father are revered by the children.
    Living with the first teachers are those families where, in the home, mother & father are revered by the children.
    Living with those worthy of gifts are those families where, in the home, mother & father are revered by the children.
    'Brahma' is a designation for mother & father. '
    The first devas' is a designation for mother & father. '
    The first teachers' is a designation for mother & father. '
    Those worthy of gifts' is a designation for mother & father.
    Why is that? Mother & father do much for their children. They care for them, nourish them, introduce them to this world."
    Mother & father,
    compassionate to their family,
    are called
    Brahma,
    first teachers,
    those worthy of gifts
    from their children.
    So the wise should pay them
    homage,
    honor
    with food & drink
    clothing & bedding
    anointing & bathing
    & washing their feet.
    Performing these services to their parents, the wise
    are praised right here
    and after death
    rejoice in heaven.
  • Thanks for sharing! *smile*
  • Kataññu Suttas: Gratitude

"Monks, I will teach you the level of a person of no integrity and the level of a person of integrity. Listen & pay close attention. I will speak."

"As you say, lord," the monks responded.

The Blessed One said, "Now what is the level of a person of no integrity? A person of no integrity is ungrateful & unthankful. This ingratitude, this lack of thankfulness, is advocated by rude people. It is entirely on the level of people of no integrity. A person of integrity is grateful & thankful. This gratitude, this thankfulness, is advocated by civil people. It is entirely on the level of people of integrity."

{II,iv,2} "I tell you, monks, there are two people who are not easy to repay. Which two? Your mother & father. Even if you were to carry your mother on one shoulder & your father on the other shoulder for 100 years, and were to look after them by anointing, massaging, bathing, & rubbing their limbs, and they were to defecate & urinate right there [on your shoulders], you would not in that way pay or repay your parents. If you were to establish your mother & father in absolute sovereignty over this great earth, abounding in the seven treasures, you would not in that way pay or repay your parents. Why is that? Mother & father do much for their children. They care for them, they nourish them, they introduce them to this world. But anyone who rouses his unbelieving mother & father, settles & establishes them in conviction; rouses his unvirtuous mother & father, settles & establishes them in virtue; rouses his stingy mother & father, settles & establishes them in generosity; rouses his foolish mother & father, settles & establishes them in discernment: To this extent one pays & repays one's mother & father."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an02/an02.031.than.html

:wave:
  • HanzzeHanzze Veteran
    edited October 2011
    from Sigalovada Sutta: The Discourse to Sigala

"And how, young householder, does a noble disciple cover the six quarters?

"The following should be looked upon as the six quarters. The parents should be looked upon as the East, teachers as the South, wife and children as the West, friends and associates as the North, servants and employees as the Nadir, ascetics and brahmans as the Zenith.[8]

"In five ways, young householder, a child should minister to his parents as the East:

(i) Having supported me I shall support them,
    (ii) I shall do their duties,
    (iii) I shall keep the family tradition,
    (iv) I shall make myself worthy of my inheritance,
    (v) furthermore I shall offer alms in honor of my departed relatives.[9]

"In five ways, young householder, the parents thus ministered to as the East by their children, show their compassion:

(i) they restrain them from evil,
    (ii) they encourage them to do good,
    (iii) they train them for a profession,
    (iv) they arrange a suitable marriage,
    (v) at the proper time they hand over their inheritance to them.

"In these five ways do children minister to their parents as the East and the parents show their compassion to their children. Thus is the East covered by them and made safe and secure.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.31.0.nara.html

very simple, isn't it

:wave: