Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Religious Extremism at Its Best

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited November 2011 in Faith & Religion
This is the clip from a show called Wife Swap (or Trading Spouses, it could be either).

A Christian woman goes to live with a Wiccan family, and a Wiccan woman goes to live with a Christian family. At the end of the time period (a week or two), the one family decides how the other family spends the money that the family gets for participating in the show. This is how the Christian woman responds. - Damn Buddha flags.

Comments

• patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited November 2011
    i saw that a few years back.

there is more than religious fanaticism here imho.
    that woman goes on a hysterical mode pretty hard, and based on her family reaction, it's not the first time.
    possible cause maybe a fair amount of psychological problems and/or medical problems...
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited November 2011
    nvm edit
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I love the way she rips the money envelope up and refuses point blank to accept money from Satan.... but then has second thoughts and decides to accept it, after all...

It seems that even the most devout, fanatical and pure-bred Christian has her price.....
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Wow she's deluded. :)
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Thanks for sharing!
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    I wonder how many people recommended her to go to some shrink or another...
    BTW, isn't damaging money ( dollar bills in this case) considered to be against the law ?
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    I wonder how many people recommended her to go to some shrink or another...
    BTW, isn't damaging money ( dollar bills in this case) considered to be against the law ?
    It was probably a check.
  • I didn't watch this clip but having watched Wife Swap many times before, the show seems to be based on the premise of exchanging people whom have completely different life values/habits

IOW the entertainment is based on the impending conflicts
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited November 2011
    ITT: Gossiping about other people! :D :scratch:
    She is on a TV show. She is a public figure. Does that mean when we talk about politicians ... we are gossiping about them?
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    She is on a TV show. She is a public figure. Does that mean when we talk about politicians ... we are gossiping about them?
    If you are just making fun of them, pretty much yea. :)

• I don't get the impression she's *just* a fanatic. There's something else going on... although I don't have the authority or education to guess what that might be.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    @ prettyhowtown

Yes, it's called brainwash, or indoctrination.
    Let me translate the video for you:

"I'm afraid of things I don't understand, so I'm going to rage about it."
  • @ prettyhowtown

Yes, it's called brainwash, or indoctrination.
    True, and I've known a few brainwashed Christians. ...But I meant about her personal mental stability....