Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Knowledge about Zen Center San Fran?

questZENerquestZENer Veteran
edited March 2006 in Sanghas
Greetings, all.

I'm set to move to SF in the summer and I'll be on the lookout for a center + teacher/s in that area. I'm wondering what, if any, folks on this list know--directly or indirectly--about Zen Center SF? I've been attending a White Plum lineage center which I really like. The atmosphere resonates with me.

What do folks know of the ZCSF? Would anyone know how it's different or similar to the White Plum?

Happy Monday to everyone!

Peace

Comments

• edited March 2006
    ZCSF was founded by Shunryu Suzuki Roshi and, while I can't speak from personal experience yet, in my correspondance with them and with all I've heard about them, they have are fairly friendly and have a good reputation. In terms of day to day practice I think the major difference would most likely be that they don't have formal Koan practice as does the White Plum. Other than that, I would say that they'd be not too different in terms of the form.