Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Most precious possesion

edited March 2006 in Buddhism Today
Whats your most precious possesion? Whether its material, spiritual, moral, etc.

For me, the memories I have of the time I spent with my ex-girlfriend, those were the days where I can honestly say for a short while I was happy. I still cry sometimes (or atleast want to, havent cried in a long time apart from when she left me) over the fact Im no longer with her, but I will always cherish the time I spent with her, and I'll always love her.

So, your most precious possesion?

Comments

• edited March 2006
    My thumbs.
  • edited March 2006
    My mind.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most"

Don't know who said that-but I like it.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I'd have to go with ZM's thumbs too.

I sure do miss those puppies...

-bf
    edited March 2006
    Seriously though...

Right now, I guess I don't really have "most precious possessions".

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most"

Don't know who said that-but I like it.

Xray,

Ozzie Osbourne said that and he said it in all seriousness. I love that quote soooo much. It's about Ozzie lamenting his losses due to drug and alcohol abuse. It's one of the things that makes that man so lovable. I was a huge Sabbath fan when I was younger. To be honest, I still love Sabbath.

Akuma,

If you'd asked this question a few years ago I would have said my guitar. It's just on old Yamaha six string acoustic, but I was dependent on it.
    Then, when I read your question today, my first thought was my computer, again because I'm so dependent on it. But then again, if I didn't have a decent bed I'd be in serious trouble.

It's funny how I equated "prized possession" with "possession one would suffer most with having to do without."

If I think of the question as "possession I'm most proud of" I don't have anything I'm proud of, even myself. Only grateful.

So, if I think of the question as "possession for which I'm most grateful", it's definitely my life as a human because of the rare opportunities it affords me.

Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    My Family+ 2 dogs and a Cat.
  • edited March 2006
    Can't count the Old Feller as a possession. My three dogs, but don't like calling them possessions either, they are beings that share my space (man .... gosh that sounded awful!)

Agree with Brigid - could tell you loads of things I wouldn't want to do without, but that is because I am still clinging. Would hate to be without a computer, wouldn't be able to be here with my Sangha.

My most precious possession would be myself, if self existed ..... um, no, don't think I have a most precious possession. Don't actually own anything really, do I?
  • edited March 2006
    I have nothing, but the most precious thing to me is this moment.
  • edited March 2006
    experience.
    edited March 2006
    experience.

Where have you two been?

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    right here :) We have both missed posting on here with everyone! What with Dawn's job and my Gas piping and karate class (and some outdoor ed. stuff, it's kinda slow this time of year) we have been well involved! It's good to catch up with everything going on here! Glad to be missed and look forward to all the support and input we constanly add from all!
    Dawn&Mike
    edited March 2006
    Whew!

I'm glad to hear it.

Didn't want to have any more board casualties! :)

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    the things i let go of..