Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where I get my inspiration...

edited April 2005 in Sanghas
http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/index.php?

OK, I know I just linked you back to the main page but honestly, this is where I come to share, be heard and relax. This little community (almost 100 strong, 4/25/2005) is my sangha. I can find/provide help/answers here, search myself for guidance, and connect with people all over the world.

Thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community, I look forward to the many conversations we will have.

:bigclap:

Comments

• edited April 2005
    Justin wrote:
    http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/index.php?

OK, I know I just linked you back to the main page but honestly, this is where I come to share, be heard and relax. This little community (almost 100 strong, 4/25/2005) is my sangha. I can find/provide help/answers here, search myself for guidance, and connect with people all over the world.

Thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community, I look forward to the many conversations we will have.

:bigclap:

Justin,

I also am glad I found this site; as an independent Buddhist, this is my sangha as well. There are no Nichiren Buddhist temples here in Anderson, Indiana. There is an SGI temple in Indianapolis but I was treated in a very shabby fashion by them---I was invited to meet some of them at the community center and when I showed up there was no one there! I later found out that they had to attend a funeral in Chicago! I can understand that, but would it have been that much trouble to have at least given me a phone call so that I did not waste gas going all the way to Indianapolis? Then, when I called to find out what was going on, I was made to feel that I was intruding into their little world. Whatever. Anyway, it is nice to be here and I really do feel as though I have a place to go to get questions answered.

Adiana :):)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2005
    Adiana, I also had a slightly negative experience with a zen community once. There is a vietnamese Zen center that just moved in literally down the street from me (highly strange coincedence, being I live in a very industrial, blue collar area), and last fall I went over there to "welcome them to the neighborhood" as it were... I walked up and said hello to a guy who was painting the door. At the time there was no signage or anything yet, so I asked him what kind of temple this was going to be. He dismissively told me "buddha temple. not church" and then went on painting, completely ignoring me :rolleyes:

oh well, I'm sure they were defensive because they felt like outsiders. They had no idea I came in peace! :p

Justin, thanks for the kind words. What you just said completely embodies every hope and ideal I had in mind for this site when I decided to create it :)