Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

an Easy way to start bringing some exercise into your day

edited December 2011 in Diet & Habits
Anybody have any recommendations? Walking, a yoga routine, e.t.c

http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/fitness.aspx

Comments

• Try different things, hiking, running, biking, yoga or other inside guided classes... then make the one(s) that you enjoy the most into a routine. Plug it into your daily schedule.

It also helps if you find someone who enjoys the same activity and try to do the activity together... it helps to have someone picking you up on days when your feeling lazy. It's harder to not go if someone is waiting for you.
  • If you had to pic just one, yoga would be most beneficial to the body (and mind) imo.

Ideally you would want to combine aspects of strength (weightlifting), cardiovascular endurance (running), and flexibility (yoga).

Yoga will give u aspects of all of those.

• http://www.fromcouchto5k.com/articles/training/the-couch-to-5k-training-plan/

This helped me drop weight considerably, I can vouch that it works. At least it did for me. I of course trimmed down my diet as well, that is a large part of it.
  • Wear a pedometer and check it a few times during the day. See if there are a few ways to add steps every day. And then work with children hahaha. We are having a challenge for steps at work and wear pedometers. We are trying for 10,000 steps a day however I average 7,000 and am very happy with that. I am much more aware of my activity level, today I just had meeting after meeting and my steps are low compared to days i take kids to the gym.