Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I liked it when I read it but my mate says he shouldnt give up the day job...?

ZeroZero Veteran
edited December 2011 in Arts & Writings
Work shirt

Rippled deception wraps me neatly packaged ready for another day.
Nod, smile.
Flaming memories of blazing sun soaked skin lashes the flimsy cotton.
Fluffy innocence long since dyed a less noble cousin to crimson, burdening as chain mail might.

Comments

• I like it too, but most of us can't give up day jobs.

Enjoy writing! Let it be what it is, I like the rippled deception
  • Feels better shorter?

Rippled deception ready to wrap another day.
    Flaming memory of blazing sun soaked skin lashes the flimsy cotton, long since dyed a less noble cousin to crimson, burdening as chain mail might.
  • yes, more poetic and gives more of an image than an explanation
  • Thanks for the input... have mulled this more to find some balance and have rested on (onto the next one me thinks!):

Rippled deception of day.
    Dyed the less noble cousin to crimson, burdening as chain mail might.

• Do you work in a prison, or are you a slave?
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    Both are good analogies...! it expressed itself as a simple key to me and my challenge was to convey without personally changing it... with a little help from @aheerdt!!
  • Love it... Keep writing, at the very least it will be theraphy.

I write as a hobby. My characters lead interesting reckless lives. And do everything I dare not.

Although I very much want more "no thought momments"

Thinking of failing out of a plane with a sky diving instructer strapped to my ass.

Lol
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Good stuff!:) Reminds me of my stuff! Keep writing and keep the mind on mindfulness your writing might get you somewhere!:)
  • Hi leon!