Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where's Comicallyinsane?

edited March 2006 in Sanghas
Has anyone seen him around lately?

It's not been the same without his Mr T quotes !

I pity the fool that doesn't miss Comicallyinsane !

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Funnileenuff, Nick and I were askin' ourselves the same queschun this mornin'.....:confused:
  • edited March 2006
    Great minds think alike !!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    (Or 'Fools seldom differ'......)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I know he's been very busy and kind of out of sorts being in Vegas away from his family.

Plus, as you may recall, he's got multiple irons in the fire - maybe he's just super busy.

I'll email him and tell him to get his A-Team butt back out here.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Yep - I was wondering the same thing. Tell him we miss him!
    edited March 2006
    Still no word from him yet.

He is SO busted when I hear from him.

-bf
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Sorry everyone. I have been without internet for the last couple months. I've moved twice but now I am at a place I plan on staying. I am hoping to get my new internet set up sometime next week.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited March 2006
    :) glad you're okay
  • edited March 2006
    Hey Comic!

It's good to hear from you! Hope to see you online again soon.

Kim
    edited March 2006
    Nice to see you again Comic - !! :)
  • edited March 2006
    Brother,

Are really for the revolution.....

HH
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I got internet again tonight. I am back. I have been working a lot lately. My wife and I got rid of our house in California. She and the kids should be out here by this summer. I am still working on getting my own Dominos. I have also been training to be a cage fighter. I have lost 30 pounds and I am almost completly off of the painkillers.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Wow!! How wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

Glad to see you back and I want to wish you great success with obtaining your own Dominos. I'm glad you got your internet back and when you're missing your family you can come here and we'll commiserate.

Good luck to you, you very busy man!!

Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    Wow...that is excellent news form you Comic!! :) I am so glad your wife and kids will be living with you again soon! And congrats on your weight loss and being off the pain killers! My husband used to be a cage fighter...he practiced and fought with Royce Gracie (I think that is how you spell his first name??) and his brothers.

Sounds like things are going well for you. We miss you and your wonderful Mr. T. quotes.
    edited March 2006
    I got internet again tonight. I am back. I have been working a lot lately. My wife and I got rid of our house in California. She and the kids should be out here by this summer. I am still working on getting my own Dominos. I have also been training to be a cage fighter. I have lost 30 pounds and I am almost completly off of the painkillers.

Ouch...

Sounds like you may still need some of those painkillers after your first match :)

Glad you're back.

-bf
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Wow...that is excellent news form you Comic!! :) I am so glad your wife and kids will be living with you again soon! And congrats on your weight loss and being off the pain killers! My husband used to be a cage fighter...he practiced and fought with Royce Gracie (I think that is how you spell his first name??) and his brothers.

Sounds like things are going well for you. We miss you and your wonderful Mr. T. quotes.

Wow!

You're hubby used to be a cage fighter? With the Gracie's?

I'd hate to run into him in a dark alley - our clothes would be ruined!

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Yes, he was a fighter with the Gracie's. One of my favorite pictures of him is with a picture he had taken standing next to Royce (am I spelling that right??). He's a nice guy, though...you don't have to worry about running into him in a dark alley...unless you piss him off or something, or mess with me or our daughter. Then you should probably worry a little bit. :)
    edited March 2006
    Yes, you are spelling that correctly (and the R sounds like an H).

Like I said, I'd be more worried about my clothes :)

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Cool - I knew how to say his name, just wasn't sure of the correct spelling.

Do you watch any of the UFC fights on tv at all? My hubby is always watching those...they make me queasy!! Did you see the guy the other night with the cut above his eye, and Joe Rogen said it looked like he got hit with an axe? OUCH. That was nasty.
  • edited March 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:

Like I said, I'd be more worried about my clothes :)

-bf

Oh, I see..you think you could take him, huh. Do ya? Do ya? Huh? Huh?
    edited March 2006
    I used to watch them when I was doing a lot of full contact tournaments. I saw about the first 3 when they came out.

Then, and not to diss your hubby or his practice, I got tired of watching them when the Gracie's started taking over the wins. The grappling was going on for way too long and got pretty boring sitting there watching two guys wrapped up for 15 minutes just sweating.

Not dissing grappling either - since most fights go to the ground in a matter of minutes. For real time applications - grappling skills are the way to go. Just not my gig.

I think they've changed the rules lately though, haven't they? Only so much time on the ground in a "stalemate" before both fighters return to their feet?

I have to say, as odd as it is, some of my best comraderie was when I was practicing full contact with some friends. The level of trust you place in each other while practicing is, mentally, the exact opposite of what you see on the outside. Good, old fashioned male bonding.

-bf
    edited March 2006
    I knew a guy in the UK before he seriously got into cage fighting...he's big in the UK but I don't know if he's found fame 'across the Pond'...His name is Alex Reid...

He came with me one day to my Shiatsu classes, as a body to practise on... During the journey by train, he was describing his pre-fight technique for psyching himself up... he told me he laid down and meditated....
    I told him, to my mind, this was a wrong attitude... perhaps he should stand, and visualise/meditate whilst adopting the Grounding Posture so loved by, and common to all exponents of a Martial Art...that perhaps he could further visualise himself enrobed in a protective ball of Qi, and unassailable.... he semed to find this helpful... and to my lasting astonishment, mentioned it as a key practise in his success, during an interview on UK TV once. I was dumbfounded....

I personally don't like the sport..... but that's just me....... I'm not keen on Boxing either, although a recent fight between the Italo-Welsh Boxer, Joe Calzaghe and the American Jeff Lacy was an extraordinary Master Class of how Boxing should be - !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4802034.stm
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Oh, I see..you think you could take him, huh. Do ya? Do ya? Huh? Huh?

No... dearie...

I don't worry about taking "anyone" anymore.

I had to use my skills once - and that was enough. I was scared sh#%less the entire night and watched the papers like a hawk for the next few days.

Very upsetting experience for me. Real-life fighting and brawling is definitely not my forte and something I abhor.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    fede - that is so cool!

I am glad my husband does not do this fighting anymore. He quit shortly before we met. He still enjoys watching it, and would love to get back into grappling a little bit, but not do it like he was before.
  • edited March 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    No... dearie...

I don't worry about taking "anyone" anymore.

I had to use my skills once - and that was enough. I was scared sh#%less the entire night and watched the papers like a hawk for the next few days.

Very upsetting experience for me. Real-life fighting and brawling is definitely not my forte and something I abhor.

-bf

OK, good. I'd hate to see my hubby whip your butt. ;) Nah....he's like you in that sense...

So tell me this story of when you had to use your skills.
    edited March 2006
    You know, I was writing out what happened - and it's not a story that I take any pride in - so I deleted it.

I was young, scared and hurting when I responded to this guy. And when I responded, I responded too harshly.
    Afterwards, I thought he might be dead. Once he started coming to - I fled. I was scared all night long and for days afterwards that I might have seriously hurt someone.

It was an awful experience.

While I still like martial arts and working out with the close friends that I do workout with - I have realized that I abhor violence.... especially in personal relationships.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    That's sad...I am sorry you went through that. I am glad the guy ended up being ok.