Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what is everyone doing now?

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited January 2012 in General Banter
Making steak and cilantro rice.

Comments

• drinking tea and reading a glossary
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    Being bite by a dog.

But don't worry, are game bites. :)
  • Haha...ok, I'm sorry guys but I am not a vegetarian. But I can give you a good rice recipe.

Ingredients
    1/4 cup diced onion
    1cup of uncooked rice
    a bunch of chopped cilantro
    Slivers of garlic, finely diced.
    Juice of one lime
    Salt
    Olive oil.
    2 cups of water

Instructions
    In a medium saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute onions for a few minutes. Add rice and stir occasionally until lightly tan. Add garlic and cook one min only...do not burn.

Add water, salt, cilantro...boil and simmer 15 to 20 mins or until water has evaporated.

Fluff and add lime juice.

It taste like the rice from chipotle restaurant.
  • @arthurbodi... I do that with my cat. It's a bad habbit to break.
  • Ah and I make my own hot chocolate

This is how :

Ingredients
    3tbsp of cocoa powder..
    3tbsp of sugar
    1/4 cup of water
    2 1/2 cups of milk

Cinnamon, marshmellows, whip cream, optional. Or reduce sugar and add flavored syrup...hazelnut, vanilla, peppermint etcetera

In a medium saucepan heat water, cocoa and sugar. Whisk together until it has a consistency of chocolate sauce...whisk milk and heat. Do not boil.

Ta da
  • Shouldn't every answer be "typing"?
  • eating peanut butter on slightly stale bread
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    Shouldn't every answer be "typing"?
    I'm not typing...oh wait!
  • I'm dividing my cells
  • Rocking out to Adele, trying to get comfy (and failing).
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited January 2012
    Checking my email and getting ready for the movies. Watching: Underworld: Awakening 3D. I been following it for a few years. Anyone seen it?

http://www.google.com/movies?hl=en&near=San+Jose,+CA&dq=underworld&sort=1&q=underworld&sa=X&ei=PrYkT9-MH-OSiALR3OzfBw&ved=0CEEQwAMoGg
  • Looking at possible roommates for next year.
    Looking at possible roommates for next year.
    How is that going?
    I'm dividing my cells
    Say what????
  • ?@Jeffrey what is it with you and pnut butter.?
    Rocking out to Adele, trying to get comfy (and failing).
    Isn't she something!
  • Looking at possible roommates for next year.
    How is that going?
    Eh, fine I guess. I had a nice time looking at room floor
  • @leonbasin let me know if it's good ok...I own all the other3
  • *floor plans. Not sure why but I love looking at them.
  • ?@Jeffrey what is it with you and pnut butter.?
    Because peanut butter is amazing.
  • Eating crunchy Cheetos
  • Pnut butter on what, college kid? Wait till your eating it five days in a row!
  • Pnut butter on what, college kid? Wait till your eating it five days in a row!
    I eat it on a spoon out of a jar.
  • Sigh (dunks crunchy cheerio in a jar of jiffy)

How old is this jar...

Exp..2009.4.26
  • Sigh (dunks crunchy cheerio in a jar of jiffy)

How old is this jar...

Exp..2009.4.26
    We cleared out my grandmas cupboards and fridge this summer and found things that expired in 2003 and 2005
  • @Arjquad that is what we had to do with our granny ...lady lived alone and hoarded like a Mofo she had two deep freezers the size of a coffins...you'd think they'd be full of dead bodies or stray cats she fed.

We would have to drag her ass out and trick her into a day out while we hired a cleaning crew...thank you, Oprah, to hazmat her house.

I shudder...
  • Dear lord, Allah,Jeebus don't make me into my grammar...
  • I go through a lot of peanut butter. It's my go to low impact carb fix. My meds make it so that my cells, the ones I am dividing ;) , cannot take in sugar very well. Then the brain says waaa give me some sugar! So I get peanut butter bread.. I eat the whole grain bread.= though and it tastes good. Very simple.
  • @Jeffrey pnut butter and oreo cookies!

You suck, lol...I just ate 4year old pnutbutter...strangely..it taste ok.
  • that's kinda scary hehe Homeade peanut butter only lasts like two weeks in the fridge. I don't know what they put in peanut butter haha
  • @Jeffrey if u make your own, letme know.

Recipes, details...

Have you tried it with different nuts.

If I'm not here tomorrow it's because I for food poisoning
    ...fyi
  • Typo..not for...got
  • Don't worry about food poisoning I think it has sooo much preservatives! Was the peanut butter separated ie oil on the top?

peanut butter:

15 oz roasted peanuts
    tsp salt
    3/2 teaspoons honey

Add these to food processor bowl and process. Scrape down. Process again with top and drizzle in the peanut oil (3/2 tablespoon) slowly over 2 minutes.

I haven't tried it yet. I received a food processor for a Christmas present. So far the 2 packages of roasted peanuts I bought I have eaten all!
  • Oh...yeah I had to stir it...the oil.

I think it's alright.

Thank you...that sounds like it taste better than jiffy...is pnut butter good for your brain?
    eating peanut butter on slightly stale bread
    I love peanut butter and jam!:) One of the main things I eat for breakfast!:) Which peanut butter you use and which jam?
  • I used to go camping alot (Eagle Scout) and peanut butter was great. I've been backcountry backpacking in Montana and went on a week ling kayak trip in the apostle islands. Over the trips we perfected the PB&J sandwich. It's similar to a normal sandwich, but instead of bread, peita (or peta) bread is much better.
  • I like penut butter with a hint of cinnamon on homemade bread, with honey and strawberry preserve.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2012
    Leon, JIF peanut butter with no jam! Open face :) Yes breakfast. Peanut butter is a good breakfast if you think about it. High calorie to stick with you and protein to curb hunger. Protein, fat, sugar..

I like with cinnamon too. And honey

neat Arjquad sounds like fun
  • Another great food for hiking/camping is rice krispie treats.
  • @Arjquad yummy...and trail mix...or foraging for weeds...
  • @Jeffrey..you should make a thread just about penut butter
  • @Arjquad yummy...and trail mix...or foraging for weeds...
    On my Montana trip, we didn't have breakfast since the other group took it from us, so we stoped on the trail next to some huckleberry bushes and picked fresh berries to eat from them, so delicious. To this day it has been the only berry that I can stomach without gagging.

@leonbasin let me know if it's good ok...I own all the other3
    Definitely will! Thank you!
  • I'm in Chiang Mai. It's two in the afternoon and there seems to be a major fireworks display going off somewhere close by. Thai people sure like their fireworks.