Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

kundalini question

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited February 2012 in Buddhism Basics
Can someone point me in the right direction of where I can research this. Not Wikipedia please.

Thank you. If anyone has done it, I would appreaciate it if they talk about the experience.

Comments

• Its really better to find kundalini yoga studio or teacher near you.

To be honest with you.
  • Do a search for "Kunalini" on Amazon. Or go to your local alternative/New Age bookstore.

For a really good personal story of how kundalini can affect one's life, read "Living With Kundalini", by Gopi Krishna. It's a good introduction. But there are lots of books on Kundalini and the chakra system that pack a lot of info into a small package.
  • Okay ..ty...first time koala didn't advice.
    I'm guessing it's not something you wanna take lightly.
  • I've practiced Kundalini for about 12 years now. You really should have a teacher as Kundalini rising is very dangerous for many if you're not ready.

For a gentle introduction to Kundalini yoga, I always recommend Maya Fiennes's DVD Kundalini Yoga for Beginners.

Definitely try to find a studio, though.

For me, my background in Kundalini yoga and mantras has really proved a seamless argue into Buddhism and my meditation practice. I think they enhance each other rather well.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Well, most people in the West don't believe it's real, they don't believe it exists. But unless you're ready for it (have done yogic preparations), don't mess with it. It can overpower you. Some people really literally end up in loonie bins. Read Gopi Krishna to get a better understanding of that.

yay! weighted dropped in on the discussion! I was about to tell L-A to PM you. :)
  • Naw its a real phenomena. Its just not something worth studying
    Intellectually.

Its better to experience yourself and see how it relates to you.

I've been attending kundalini classes and its really interesting. Its brought stability to my practice and life. Just in two weeks.

Its real yoga. And you definitely need a teacher to lead you and troubleshoot.

:)
  • Oh. I'm gonna see if I can find one in houston. Ty