Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

fun meditation first time roller coaster!

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited February 2012 in Buddhism Basics
I decided to do a 30 min meditation and with no real goal but I don't pay attention to breathing...I'm not as good with it as I am with heart beats.

So my focus was sensing the heart and automatically I begin to feel all pulses in the body which can be very relaxing as alive.

Well I had a deeper feeling today and I will describe :
I meditate on the ground, on my back. And no, I didn't fall asleep, I was very aware.
It started with the feeling pulsing of the heart and slowly I began to see swirls in my dark vision followed by small and then growing waves over my head and body.

Then a deep feeling from my gut moved over the trunk like pond ripples...I started to feel a descent like a roller coaster, I thought for a moment, maybe I should stop but those thoughts along with the monkey mind where peripheral, as the watcher was in control. . . I was scared but game and opened up a little...

I felt like my body was being dropped from an elevator and pulled up, again and again.
Or slammed around without moving.

Then it stopped and I went back to breathing, resisting nothing, just when I thought it wouldn't happen again, it did!

I was having so much fun, I bearly realized I was smilling. Kinda sad the bells went off on my meditation app.

What the hell was this? It was so much fun!

I'll read this tomorrow. Its 1am in houston.

Comments

• sounds fun!

you know the watcher right? watch the watcher.
  • Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Does anyone care to share about personal meditation experiences that have been anything like this?

I can see how people can easily become insane.

Hey maybe I am... but If I was, would I know it?
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Maybe it could be an awareness of the natural flow of energy in the body? Really I don't know just an educated guess.
  • where can I learn about chakras? Perhaps this might help...I'm not sure...still new to it and I don't have a place to study in houston right now.