Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Oh why!! Just leave them be!!

B5CB5C Veteran
edited February 2012 in Faith & Religion

Comments

• "a place of little true joy"? So all the smiles are fake?

Nepal had a law making Christian proselytizing illegal. I don't know if that's still on the books.
  • Yikes...gotta give it to the Christians for trying. They do the wrong thing for what the believe, is the right reason.

Sigh..thank you op.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    "a place of little true joy"? So all the smiles are fake?

Nepal had a law making Christian proselytizing illegal. I don't know if that's still on the books.
    I believe it is still illegal. They made it illegal because it causes too much chaos. Just look at it's neighbor India. It has fights between Christian and Hindus.

If some Thais want to be Christians I believe it should be on their own terms.

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    One of the things I really enjoyed watching any number of times while visiting and living in Thailand, was occasionally coming upon a Christian trying to convert a small gathering of Thais. The Thais would always be polite, but they thought it all to be quite humorous.

Another time I had been invited to a rather poor temple in Bangkok. Three young (like early-20s) monks invited me into one of the kutis, and asked me to explain Christianity. Ironic, since I was there wanting to learn more about Buddhism. But I gave them a 10 minute explanation of the most basic aspects of Christianity. They started giggling, and one of them said, "Why would a person pray to a dead man? He can't do anything for you."
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    interesting blog, chasing this up... apparently the posters have been taken down, and apologies made....

http://kwekings.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/theyve-done-it-again/
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    ..And trying to find the website either takes you back to 'Google' or the link provided is an 'oops, this link appears to be broken' one.

They've hit dirt.....
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Yes, I agree, just leave the Christians be. :)
  • My grandpa and his colleague had set up a little arbor outside to preach in one Saturday (the Adventist Sabbath) in hopes of converting some Tibetans. I believe it was Dartsendo, around 1948 or 1949. My grandpa had brought along his cornet, and his buddy said, "Well, Phil, why not play some hymns for the people to draw them in." Grandpa proceeded with the hymns, and two large men did indeed show up at the back of the arbor to watch with apparent interest. Thus encouraged, my grandpa really went to town on the cornet; after another hymn or two, the men lost their composure and collapsed into loud spasms of laughter as only Tibetans can do. That was the end of the cornet's involvement in "bringing the health message to Tibet."