Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Feeling Lethargic

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited February 2012 in Diet & Habits
Recently finishing my script of tramadol I have been feeling lethargic the past couple of days, and I mean very lethargic. For those who are not familiar with tramadol, it is a pain medication, a synthetic opiate that is commonly compared to morphine. Anyway, some yoga positions help but I am wondering if there are specific foods or recipies people on this forum know of that can help here? My legs are like jelly, my whole body feels weak and it is a struggle to even think about getting up.

Comments

• Food for pain or food for energy?

For energy, I always turn to eggs. Eggs are amazing for that full-body zombie feeling. And don't forget to hydrate!

For pain, comfort foods like oatmeal win with me. (Can you get oatmeal in Thailand?) Mac & cheese, too.

Unfortunately, comfort foods and energy foods usually work against each other...
  • The pain is gone and so is the tramadol, hence why I am so lacking in energy. It is a common withdrawl symtom. I was hoping to stumble across some witch doctor with a super recipie or something lol, but eggs are full of protein, I will give them a shot, or I could drink lots of coffee... and then crash
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Yeah, coming off so much drug use it will probably take some time and effort to get your body back to a healthy level. Just put in the work and it will happen though.
  • The tramadol was for a cut leg that needed stiching up and the hospital gave me for a couple of weeks. That is not related to everything else I stopped. I guess it is just a matter of time, unless there is a different reason I have this extreme lathargic feeling that is.
  • Apples are also good for energy. I'd stay away from coffee, as the crash will probably just make you feel worse. How's the cut feeling?
  • I can't drink coffee anyway thibking about it, lets just say if I do I end up frequenting the restroom too often. The cut has healed, the sticked pulled out, it is just taking an opiate for an extended period of time does have downsides ofcourse. Yes the pain is gone, but you are left with withdrawls. Apples, I have never actually eaten an apple before and that is no lie, for some reason they make me gag.

Slightly off topic, I have not seen mountains around, I hope him and his whole situation is going okay. I would like to make that clear, and also to Hurbis, even though he was banned, his situation is one of great suffering I am sure.