Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Naked grass

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited February 2012 in Arts & Writings
When I was child, a Spring child, I never liked to wear shoes. I never did outside of school and only when I was dragged into a decent dress to go out with my mom and stepdad.

We never had any money, so spring break and summers where mine. As soon as I was back in THEIR home from grown up things, I would tear off those Mary Janes. Then I would roll around the floor, red faced and panting until I was free from itchy stockings and that wretched blue green plaid skirt.

I usually wore dirty overalls and a tank top. In the mornings of spring break and long summers, when the sun rose enough to come into my room, I was gone.

Gone, barefoot, into the broken pavement of the sidewalks and quiet streets. Running as fast as I could with my loose braid trailing behind me, my skinny brown arms and legs pumping with all their spirit.

Gone into the wild meadows and fields, where the children of broken homes played "hide and seek" and "be the one to kiss me".

I was barefoot when I had my first kiss. So was he. I don't remember the kiss. Only the deep bleeding gash in the instep of my right foot being cooled by the damp grass like a balm.

Gone, until our tired calloused feet and weary bodies collapse beneath pecan trees, we ate so many with crushed wild berries and hose water from a stranger's yard.

Our parents never looked for us, they were too worried about grown up things like clocks, shoes and divorce.

We felt so alone and free beneath the open sky, with the sun warm on our happy little faces and our bellies bloated from wild foraging.

Gone, until the humming of street lights would signal the end of the day, the wilderness smeared into our clothing and tangled in our hair, our calloused naked feet leading us back inside with them. Away from our wild home.

Comments

• Well written :)

If only we could remember how to be so happy without all the things society taught us we needed to be so.
  • That is a delightful well written tale. I enjoyed reading it :) I have walked around the steets of my city in thailand with no shoes on several ocassions, there is something liberating about it. I have also once in England when I was taking a walk across a group of fields in the Summer taken my clothes off to see what it is like to walk outside naked. It was so hot and I already had my top off, I made sure nobody was around and just took my shorts etc off. That was also very liberating.
  • @thailandtom wait, you went bare ass naked somewhere in a field in England? Lol...
  • Yup, only for about 2 minutes. I use to be a very curious person and I wanted to know how the breeze felt on such a hot day, so I took off my clothes.. I personally don't see what is wrong with the human body, it is too taboo.
  • Thanks for sharing this @Lady_Alison. And for the reminder of breaking out of habits and conditions @ThailandTom.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Tom, I remember when being naked was about taboos and exploration, rather than worrying about lust. I admit on a nude beach it is like the beauty of the ocean.
  • Btw...only my legs and feet were naked in the pic...I haven't skinny dipped or sun bathed nude since I was 15...lol...

I had a picture of your pale bare ass...with goosebumbs and grass bits stuck to it...and gravel. Lol. You guys are funny.

Us has more taboos about the body than UK.
  • Btw...only my legs and feet were naked in the pic...I haven't skinny dipped or sun bathed nude since I was 15...lol...

I had a picture of your pale bare ass...with goosebumbs and grass bits stuck to it...and gravel. Lol. You guys are funny.

Us has more taboos about the body than UK.
  • you have no such picture, or had for that matter, and there was no goosebumps because it was hot. But it may have been pale! Grass and gravel, no I was just strolling, no rolling :) I forgot of another time I have been naked in public. Me and two other friends were drinking at the pub and it had a lock in, so we drank until about 2am. On the way back home (very drunk), I can't remember who but someone suggested we all walk back naked, so we did for some time lol. It was around 3am so there would have been barely nobody about as we lived in a quiet suburb.
  • Lol....you lie, you know you were rolling in the grass! Lol...
  • lol, meh. If you have the PHOTOSHOPED pictures then okay, there is not much I can say. Anyways, looks like it has been your thread that has been a little big hijacked this time, sorry :lol: The OP was great :thumbsup:
  • No worries...I, like you, don't care...besides I kinda did it to myself.
  • ZenBadgerZenBadger Derbyshire, UK Veteran
    I went skinny dipping in a tarn in the Lake District when we had the snow a fortnight ago. You have to time it well, there isn't much room to swim so you have a few minutes between a bracing dip and death by hypothermia.

Really makes you feel alive though.
  • If there is one thing I really cannot stand it is the cold. Yes it is human instinct, but I really could not do that I don't think. I prefer my summer stroll across a summer knowel :) But hats off to you badger :vimp: