Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Franco Unamerican

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited March 2012 in General Banter

:D.

Comments

• patbbpatbb Veteran
    wow are they still around?

i use to listen to nofx/bad religion/ratm in my teens, about 18 years ago.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    Hmm I think this album was about 2001 or something but I heard they released one since.

Definetly one of my favourite bands top 5 or something.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Why is this called "Franco-Unamerican"? Is that the name of the band?
    I didn't get the Franco part until wrote it out... I think probably is a sort of play on words.

Americans have this thing where they think France is some sort of Anti-American country, remember freedom fries? 'I don't wanna be around people who think like that and I don't wanna fight as an UnAmerican because there's so many problems

Something like that
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, I wondered if that had something to do with it, but there was no reference to it in the song. Besides, I think that's sad, kind of wrong (unfair) to stereotype the French that way, and immortalize it in a song title. Oh well. I guess it was just a product of the time.
    I don't they even take it seriously. The stereotype. Know what I mean?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Yeah, I guess. It's probably just part of the irreverance of the song. But that whole anti-French thing was crazy, wasn't it? Another Bush-era bit of nonsense. And yet some people did take it seriously. "Freedom fries"--get real! That's so imbecilic, it's embarrassing! :p