Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Celebrate Life! How Do You Celebrate?

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited March 2012 in Arts & Writings
I look around sometimes: such gloomy faces! Why are we all running around so much... where are we going in such a hurry?

Are we moving or standing still?

I enjoy my neice everytime I see her...she has perfected living in the present moment. At ten years old, even.

Finding the right stone, size and shape to bounce across a pond's suface becomes a serious search. Ice cream cones must be licked around the rim of the cone because on a hot day they melt quickly and this somehow prevents it from dripping on your hand. Also, bathing everyday is incovenient to play time... a two hour bath every three days is most enjoyable so long as there are enough toys and colorful soap in the tub.

Here is a song that reminds me of being alive.... You don't need to know the words, or how to dance...

DANCE!!!! DANCE, NB MEMBERS.....Use your heart as a weapon! Cathedrals in your heart!

What makes life more liveable for you? How do you live? How do you stay in the present moment? What makes you feel alive? Are you alive, or dying?

Comments

• My favorite saying has always been "if your not having fun, your not doing it right" and there really is a game to be found in every chore we do.

One of the biggest compliments i have received was while i was walking from one building at work to another, and someone mentioned that i looked so relaxed and at ease... I was indeed enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze, but that comment made me look at other people, because after all, i was labeled as different... I noticed most people walking very stiff with such concerned or serious looks on their faces, totally missing the opportunity of noticing and enjoying the beautiful day. This made me even more determined to enjoy the moment... I may not be on top of the promotion list at work, but stressing about it doesn't change the list, it just blocks my mind from enjoying smile opportunities.... I think more important then finding stress reducers, is finding stress prevention, and that comes from recognizing the moment, not allowing to be distracted from it.
  • My favorite saying has always been "if your not having fun, your not doing it right" and there really is a game to be found in every chore we do.

One of the biggest compliments i have received was while i was walking from one building at work to another, and someone mentioned that i looked so relaxed and at ease... I was indeed enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze, but that comment made me look at other people, because after all, i was labeled as different... I noticed most people walking very stiff with such concerned or serious looks on their faces, totally missing the opportunity of noticing and enjoying the beautiful day. This made me even more determined to enjoy the moment... I may not be on top of the promotion list at work, but stressing about it doesn't change the list, it just blocks my mind from enjoying smile opportunities.... I think more important then finding stress reducers, is finding stress prevention, and that comes from recognizing the moment, not allowing to be distracted from it.
    Well said! Pretty much sums it up for me.
  • @telly03 I really really liked that story.

People recognize living because it's something we know how to do well as children, yet as adults it seems like we forget...

Yes, sunshine and breeze help too. My cat enjoys basking in it...she teaches me to be present too.
  • @mgranzdorf ...I asked my weary friend this question but I'll ask you since you have such a beautiful son :

Has your child given you a second childhood or returned an innocence?

And you can't piggyback on telly's story, I want an original with some meat. You've been absent and I demand it! (Stamps foot)
  • @mgranzdorf ...I asked my weary friend this question but I'll ask you since you have such a beautiful son :

And you can't piggyback on telly's story, I want an original with some meat. You've been absent and I demand it! (Stamps foot)
    Fiery! I like that :)

Anyway, I will respond, but right now I am tired and would probably give you a half-assed answer. Ill sleep on it...
    Stamps foot even! Oh my.........
  • @mfranzdorf ...I use cast iron skillets and my ancestors worked the cane fields and married indigenous women....I will get my story! Lol....ok, ociffer good night.
  • My thread, my post. I love Florence and the machines....she must be mad and insanely creative. The video is distracting to the song...the song is brilliant!

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I love Florence + the machines. I did that song at karaoke once too, oops, lol. I'm no Florence...

I personally find it impossible to not be in a stellar mood while listening to Shonen Knife.

I sing this song to my cat all the time. So yeah, dancing in my underwear... singing Shonen Knife songs to my cat... That's one of my favorites (but probably not my cat's, ironically). :D

My little man has given me so much joy! He reminds me to live in the moment and to not give life's trivialities any weight. Just taking a few minutes and watching him play is a wonderful gift. Watching him evolve and learn is awesome. I have two older children from a previous marriage that I love as well. All three have made me who I am, in certain ways, as I have (hopefully) helped to forge their mettle and show them the importance of living a good life. My life took kind of a dark turn for a little bit after my divorce, but my son and daughter kept me grounded and reminded me to live my life and not let depression and anger take over. They were little then and the counted on me to be a source of strength and sanity during that time. They reminded me to not let go of that inner child that I try to always keep awake inside me. Now the youngest one, he came along at a much different time of my life, and he has for sure returned an innocence to me that, in my mind, is essential to my life, well being, and Buddhist practice. I see some pretty troubling things at work sometimes, but I refuse to let it mold me and distort the real meaning of my life. I look at my young one and realize that while his version of the world and my version is sometimes totally opposite, when you get right down to it, we both just want to be happy.
  • @zombiegirl never thought a song like that existed. Now I can dress up my cat and dance with her. She is a lovely dancing partner. Well, no, that's not true. She tolerates my crazy cat lady behavior and scratching and biting is eminent. Lol...

@mfranzdorf I love that story. Thank you, I will put the cast iron skillet away. :)
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    @Lady_Alison See, I knew you shared my crazy cat ladyness and that was 90% of the reason I posted that song. :) I do seriously love Shonen Knife though and actually, they were one of Kurt Cobain's favorite bands and opened for them for a few tours. They do some awesome Ramones covers.
  • I look around sometimes: such gloomy faces! Why are we all running around so much... where are we going in such a hurry?

Are we moving or standing still?
    Moving.. gotta pay for things.. not goodies, but essentials.. shelter and such.

Others don't seem so gloomy to me . Most people seem pretty chipper. Most people, Buddhist or not, seem to see that life is beautiful, but it also hurts, and that's part of the deal.. they seem to be doing o.k.