Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How do I convert...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited April 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
......A photo that is stored as 'wallpaper' (bitmap) back into a JPEG image, which is what it once was....? I've looked for the 'original photo' as a JPEG image, and can't find it anywhere, except stored as a bitmap image, as a screensaver, 'wallpaper' image....

So what do I do, huh?

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Open the bitmap in your photo package and then use "save as" to save it as a jpg.
    Any problem just post it up here and I'll convert it for you.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    how do I post it here? it says the image is too big, and it won't take a bitmap
  • edited April 2006
    You can email it to me if you like.
    I'll PM you my home email address.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Now years ago people baulked at me and my alarmist attitude to digital image storage and its lack of archivability.

Federica, I hope you retrieve it somehow!

If not then perhaps this is a practical demonstration of Buddha's concept of "Impermanence."

Here is yet another example of (possible) image loss. GO FILM!

regards,
    Xrayman