Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

does anyone notice better health?

AMHAMH
edited March 2012 in Diet & Habits
I was wondering if anyone attributes buddhism and meditation to better health? I would think basically avoiding stimulants and eating mindfully that we would see that. But I also notice that compared to some people my age I have less wrinkles. I want to say that sitting relaxed has got to help the muscles all relax in your face and also in your gut and other places all over your body. I know meditation is used for stress relief in addition to the spiritual, I just wanted to see if others noticed that in their own lives.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    definitely, yes.
  • Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Yup! I look and feel great! Makes you more mindful of what you eat and lessen stress a bit. I think our reaction to stress is what also ages us, too.

• Yeah, I notice that being in Colorado a lot of people show age in their skin easily. In altitude you can get sun damage year round easily. And that is a big way I see a difference, with other people I know who also meditate or focus on less stress.
  • My blood pressure was lower than it has been in years at my last checkup, it was actually perfect... there could have been several influencing factors, but I believe meditation and a less stressful way of thinking contributed.
  • Since I started practicing Yoga, which I believe goes hand in hand with meditation, I have noticed great improvements in health, mobility and general well being.
  • heybaiheybai Explorer
    edited March 2012
    Yes.

BP -- normal all this year after thirty years living on the borderline.

Cholesterol levels -- normal, all down from unhealthy levels.

Anxiety down

Happiness -- abnormally high. :-)