Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Urine soaked eggs? Now thats different.....

mfranzdorfmfranzdorf Veteran
edited March 2012 in Diet & Habits
This might be old news to some, but I have never heard of it. They claim it does wonders for the body. I guess I'll never know.....http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/29/us-china-urine-eggs-idUSBRE82S0EE20120329

Comments

• That's .....icky!
    :sawed:
  • :werr: :zombie: uh, don't have the right emoticon for that!

I'd rather eat monkey brains
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Never knew about this. They would go great with my steaks I cook up in a steaming pile of cow manure. :buck:
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    We have a similar tradition in the British military; it involves drinking your mates or your own urine in Naafi bars.

No eggs though.

Has anyone else any cultural traditions involving urine?
  • edited March 2012
    I see a pattern in mfranzdorf's posts. Elsewhere he posted about his belief that sewage was routinely recycled for domestic use. Curious fellow, curious interests.
  • Leave my friend alone! .... what he does in the privacy of his home is his bidnez! Lol...
    I see a pattern in mfranzdorf's posts. Elsewhere he posted about his belief that sewage was routinely recycled for domestic use. Curious fellow, curious interests.
  • I see a pattern in mfranzdorf's posts. Elsewhere he posted about his belief that sewage was routinely recycled for domestic use. Curious fellow, curious interests.
    Here we go again, huh. Good grief. My "belief" that waste water is treated and reused, is somehow strange. Have you ever heard of a sewage treatment plant? They treat sewage there. And then, almost like magic, presto!!!! Water! Ill be darned. I sure am a curious fellow....
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/plumbing/sewer3.htm
  • I can not believe I need to paste links on how water is treated and either naturally or mechanically treated and filtered to be used again, but since I keep getting berated and poked at for having such a crazy belief, A belief that water is not used one freaking time and is forever ruined once it goes down a drain, here is some more info.
    http://www.a1cesspool.com/howseptictankswork.html
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I've never lived in a community that re-used treated sewage water. I have had a septic tank, and believe me, you wouldn't want that to be recycled. Septic systems can ruin groundwater supplies.

I agree, an OP on urine eggs is strange. :p May I ask why you brought us this charming news?
  • It was on my Bing page, the currently trending links, for what that's worth. Thought it was interesting.
  • Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Actually i agreedem with the reuse And treatment of water. Texas a&m in college station perfected the system, thanks to their engineers.

You can find the link yourself.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2012
    I agree with it, too, but it's not for domestic use, except in gardens. I posted on another thread that there are a couple of Native communities near where I live that have sewage treatment plants, and the grey water gets used on golf courses and for agriculture. All municipalities should be doing this, but it's not going to happen in this economy.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    In Australia, they recycle waste-water for "household and manufacturing" purposes.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Most of it's used for gardens and agriculture, a tiny percentage is used for flushing and clothes-washing. Some parts of Australia have invested in a double-plumbing system for homes, a good model for the US, but infrastructure money is sorely lacking in the US. Much more of Australia is desertified, so Australia had to put some money into water recycling. Australia is the one place in the developed world where I'd expect that.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    We're way off thread, but here's a good article on how waste water is treated and used and how it is starting to be recylced directly into the drinking water supply in some areas (and its perfectly fine.)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/environment/2011-03-03-1Apurewater03_CV_N.htm