Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Soooo... Where are you from?

not1not2not1not2 Veteran
edited July 2006 in Sanghas
Thought it'd be interesting to see where everyone was from, so I started this thread.

I currently reside in Jefferson City, MO, USA. I'll be moving to Columbia, MO in August.

Sooo... where are you from?

_/\_
metta

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Get out of here! I am in Blue Springs, MO. Small world. My aunt and cousins live in Columbia. Have you always lived here? My husband and I moved here from Phoenix, so it's been quite an adjustment!

Will you be going to school in Columbia?
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited April 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Get out of here! I am in Blue Springs, MO. Small world. My aunt and cousins live in Columbia. Have you always lived here? My husband and I moved here from Phoenix, so it's been quite an adjustment!

Will you be going to school in Columbia?

I grew up in St. Louis, went to school at Truman State (in Kirksville) and moved down to the Columbia/Jeff City area with my wife. I work in Jefferson City for the Dept of Revenue. We're moving up to Columbia because a friend of ours bought a duplex and we'll be renting from him and sharing a 4 bedroom duplex with another friend. Our friend who owns the duplex lives in a 2 bedroom accross the hall. So we'll all have a little mini-commune where we can buy in bulk, garden and share utilities (and high speed internet too).

Also, Columbia is a great town. Downtown is great during the warmer months. They have a good sitting group there too.

Good to know I'm not alone here in MO.

take care

_/\_
    metta
  • edited April 2006
    How neat! Your little mini-commune sounds great. There was another member on here that lived in Lees Summit, but he has not been on this site for a while. Good to know I am not the only Buddhist left in Missouri...it sure feels like that sometimes! :)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited April 2006
    not1not2,

Born: Detroit, MI
    Moved: Warren, MI
    Moved: Roseville, MI
    Moved: Hazel Park, MI
    Moved: Detroit, MI
    Moved: Pineville, KY
    Moved: Santa Cruz, CA

Jason
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited April 2006
    I like Elohim's format:

Soon: San Francisco, CA
    Currently: Los Angeles, CA (a.k.a., Urbanopolis)
    Via: Austin, TX
    Via: Soria, Spain
    Via: Olympia, WA
    Via: Oklahoma City, OK
  • edited April 2006
    Born in Hyannis, MA
    Lived in Harwich, MA
    moved to Hyannis, MA
    moved to Orleans, MA
    moved to Hyannis, MA
    moved to Boulder/ Colorado Springs, CO
    moved back to Hyannis,
    moved to Dennis, MA
    moved to Yarmouth, MA
    moved to Knoxville, TN
    currently in Morehead City, NC
  • edited April 2006
    Mike, myself and our wonderful (most of the time) two year old Amaya are from a little town called Statesville in North Carolina. We were actually both born and raised here. I moved to Charlotte for a brief period but ultimately decided Statesville was nicer. I don't really do well in a big city. I guess I'm just a small town girl - just call us Jack & Dianne!!! Sorry, my humor gets really dry when it gets late. :crazy: Looking for Answers, we are pretty close I think, that's really cool. Anyway, it's past my bedtime now so may all of you be well.
    -Dawn
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Born: Bromley, kent, UK
    Moved: Milan - three years
    Moved: Rome - two years
    Moved: bromley, Kent five years
    Moved: Chelsea, London - 3 years
    Moved: twickenham Middlesex UK - 7 years
    Moved: Hounslow, Middlesex, 1 year
    Moved: Farnborough, Hampshire, UK - 2 years
    Moved: Aldershot, ditto ditto - 15 years
    Moved: France - 6 years and counting...

I guess you could call me fairly cosmopolitan... A true European if ever there was one....!

EDIT NOTE: I missed out a load of years in my County of Birth - !!
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Born: Croydon, South London, UK.
    Moved: Chatham, Kent, 1986.
    Moved: Faversham, Kent, 1988.
    Moved: Dartford, Kent, 1990.
    Moved: New Ash Green, Kent, 1992.
    Moved: Mottingham, South London, 1994.
    Moved: Forest Hill, South London, 1995.
    Moved: Sydenham, South London, 1996.
    Moved: Bermondsey, London, 1999.
    Moved: Lewisham, South London, 2001.
    Soon: (I hope!) Bromley, Kent......
  • edited April 2006
    not sure!
  • edited April 2006
    tehe...
    well last time i checked i live in a box that resides in lil village in ontario
    canada..
    think brigid and i are one of the few canadians..

would rather live in the hot south.. may one day
    but for now i make the best of the four seasons..
  • edited April 2006
    Bedford in England at the moment but ive been around.

Nicest place I have memories of when I was a kid was Sardenia, lovely place.
  • edited April 2006
    Born: Huddersfield, Yorkshire UK.
    Moved: Newcastle (Poly). 1989
    Moved: Back to Huddersfield, 1990.
    Moved: Altrincham, Cheshire 1996.
    Moved: Back to Huddersfield, 1996 *yawn!*.
    Moved: Birmingham, UK. 1997-now!
    Aiming for: Secluded finca on a mountain somewhere in Southern Spain...... well, I can dream.... :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Here. And never moved from here-boring.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Born: London Ontario Canada
    Moved: Toronto Ontario Canada
    Moved: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
    Moved: Adrian Michigan USA
    Moved: Rochester Minnesota USA
    Moved: Georgetown Ontario Canada
    Moved: Guelph Ontario Canada
  • edited April 2006
    I was born in Baltimore, Maryland, and spent ALOT of time in Warsaw, Poland with my family. I live in Baltimore though.
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited May 2006
    born bandung,indonesia
    in 2000 temporarily working surabaya for a year
    2001-now back to my hometown
    love my hometown, could be paradise on earth if we dont make mistake
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Padawan wrote:
    Born: Croydon, South London, UK.
    Moved: Chatham, Kent, 1986.
    Moved: Faversham, Kent, 1988.
    Moved: Dartford, Kent, 1990.
    Moved: New Ash Green, Kent, 1992......

Soon: (I hope!) Bromley, Kent......

A kent baby! Like me!!
    When you get to Bromley, Go to West Wickham, visit kelsey park, and see the chinese garage...
    if they are both still there....
    kelsey park and me had a fun childhood together!
  • edited May 2006
    born and raised in a little village called, Youngstown, New York. It's located on the tip of Lake Ontario and the Niagara River.
    For one year I lived in the city of Buffalo, but missed the quiet, peaceful, and beautiful village. So I moved back.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Born: Welbeck Street, London W.1, UK
    Lived: Harley Street, ibidem.
    and Dieppe, Normandy
    plus travel.

4 years at: Brasenose College, Oxford
    1 year at: Grenoble University.

1968-1988:
    Warwick, UK
    Juniper Green, Edinburgh
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Maidenhead, UK
    London, UK:
    Richmond (Surrey)
    Teddington (Middlesex)
    Notting Hill/Ladbroke Grove
    West Hampstead
    Paris (XIXe)
    Plus travel.

1988-date: Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    federica wrote:
    When you get to Bromley, Go to West Wickham, visit kelsey park, and see the chinese garage...

The old, dilapitated garage where Freddie lost her... um.... you know...

Is that old, smelly mattress still there?

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm from my mother!

Palzang
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited May 2006
    Michigan

Namaste,
    Michelle
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Venus.
    edited May 2006
    .....Many a true word spoken in jest.... ;)
    edited May 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm from my mother!

Palzang

She told me she found you under rock.

Hmmmm...

-bf
    edited May 2006
    Better to have known one sweaty afternoon of passion in an old Chinese garage than to spend a lifetime in opulent boredom.

-bf
    edited May 2006
    That's sooooo wuuuuude!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    She told me she found you under rock.

Hmmmm...

-bf

Hudson?

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Venus.

Well, that proves it then...women are from Venus, and men are from... their mother!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    LOL!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    However, on a relativistic, mundane level, I was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois. Ever heard of it?

Palzang
    edited May 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    However, on a relativistic, mundane level, I was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois. Ever heard of it?

Palzang

Yup.

Born in Hammond.

Raised in Gary and East Chicago.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Definitely know of Rockford. Have you heard of Byron? I went to high school there. My dad moved us all there when I was a freshman because he was responsible for starting up and running the AO Smith plant in Rockford.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Augusta, Georgia, USA - Home of the annual Masters Golf Tournament and Garden City of the South.
    Also, the birthplace of James Brown - hence the city's new motto, "We Feel Good!" - as well as Jessye Norman, Hulk Hogan, and Laurence Fishbourne.
    Also, to most high schoolers in the state, known as "Disgusta." (We have our reasons.)

The funnest city in Georgia.

Note the sarcasm there. There is REALLY nothing around here unless you're a rich golf fiend, you live on "The Hill" - the expensive, former historic summer-house part of town -, and you're part of the Augusta Country Club.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Definitely know of Rockford. Have you heard of Byron? I went to high school there. My dad moved us all there when I was a freshman because he was responsible for starting up and running the AO Smith plant in Rockford.

Hasn't Byron been replaced by a humongous nuclear power plant? And it used to be such a nice, quaint place...

Palzang
  • edited May 2006
    Yes, there is a huge nuclear power plant there, but Byron still "exists". :) I am glad I don't live there anymore.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, that whole area is a lot different than when I lived there - and not for the better!

Palzang
  • edited May 2006
    A city called Regina in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada.
  • edited June 2006
    I live in the United Kingdom.. England in a place called Hertfordshire
  • edited June 2006
    colleen wrote:
    tehe...

would rather live in the hot south.. may one day
    but for now i make the best of the four seasons..

Be careful what you ask for, from what I understand Canada could soon be having Texas like summers.

I was told I manifested this animalia form in a place called Southern California. I've arrived at various places in time in locations called Albequerqe, NM, Bremerton, Wa; Great Lakes, IL; Orlando, FL; Hawaii; Philipines; Australia; Mombasa, Kenya.

I'm raising a family near a place called Dallas, TX.

I'm currently, wherever you're reading this.
  • edited June 2006
    Welcome Natalie

I'm just over here in sunny Birmingham :)

Sas :buck:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Welcome, all!

We've got enough British members to think of planning a garden party! (Sorry. The onset of summer has addled the ageing brain)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Hi, Natalie!!

Welcome!

Brigid
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Born Pomona, CA

Moved Rialto, CA
    Moved Fontana, CA
    Moved Rialto, CA
    Moved Las Vegas, NV
    Moved Porterville, CA
    Back in Las Vegas, NV

Future: To some beach on the pacific coast, I hope!!!!
    edited June 2006
    Welcome, all!

We've got enough British members to think of planning a garden party!

Easy Ricky... you're dating yourself.

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Worcester, West Midlands, England. Always intended on moving somewhere colder though, this country is quite often too hot for me and far too crowded although immigration makes that concept seem quite impossible these days.
  • edited June 2006
    born in texas, raised in the pacific northwest and living in oklahoma
  • edited July 2006
    I was born in Melbourne, Florida but I lived on base at a lot of different Air Force bases that I can't remember the names of since my dad was in the Air Force. I have also lived at Tachikowa (SP?) Air Force Base in Japan---I was six years old, so I really don't remember that much about it. My family and I also lived at Clark Air Force Base in the Phillipines---I was a toddler then so I definitely have no real memories about living there, either! LOL! Other than these two times we were stationed overseas, Dad was stationed pretty much on the eastern side of the U.S.
    Dad was stationed at Charleston Air Force Base in Charleston, South Carolina but we lived in a dinky little town called Great Falls, South Carolina. While there, I attended high school for three years and I graduated in May of 1975 (yeah, I am telling my age, here!). Dad retired from the Air Force after I graduated and we then moved back to Florida, living in a little town called Dundee, Florida. There was nothing there but orange groves! After about six months in Dundee, I got a job at Walt Disney World as did my dad and we all then moved to Orlando where I met my first husband, Norman. Norman and I got married in 1979 and after Norman's death in 1992, my two oldest kids (who are now 26 and 24) and I decided to move to Daytona Beach, Florida in October of 1995 after I met and married my second husband, Sonny, the father of my third and youngest child, who was born in November of 1996. After nearly three years of living in Daytona Beach, Sonny came up with the idea of us all moving to Anderson, Indiana where I currently live. This happened in August of 1998 and we have been here ever since. There have been times that I felt like moving back home to Florida and especially after Sonny's death in January of 2003, but the kids and I all have made some really good friends here in Anderson, so I believe we are here to stay at least for now! As one can plainly see from reading this rather long post, I have lived in a lot of different places! LOL!

Adiana:usflag:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, I know Tachikawa well. That was my first view of Japan when I got there in 1970 in the Air Force. I was stationed at Yokota (a few miles down the road), but I was housed temporarily on Tachikawa. My first night was very memorable - listening to a Japanese country western band blasting my eardrums at the NCO Club right outside my window! I also visited Clark AFB once on a typhoon evacuation from Okinawa. Didn't care much for the place, to be honest!

Palzang