Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interconnectedness...?

VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
I am going to do a LeonBasin (almost).

Decline of magnetic field 2:00

Time Speeding up (Heartbeat of the earth) 3:14

Great Shift of the Ages 4:30

Love and Hate steals life 6:30

Interconnectedness 8:30

World Exsist because we see it 15:30
(What you say now @Bekenze? Eh. Iknew I had heard that somewhere before)

More Interconnectedness 16:30

Internaltional Peace Project 17:35

Anyways. Anybody got any references to any of these claims?

Specially about the interconnectedness stuff?

/Victor

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I did not watch the video. I don't know what its about. I just want to say this:

Just because someone claims themselves to be an authority on some subject does not make what they say ultimately true. Too many people on NewBuddhist take people's words as fact when they shouldn't. Because somebody claims to be a "leading scientist in their field" does not mean what they say is true. Because somebody claims to have "psychic" powers does not make what they say true. Because somebody claims to know the "true inner-workings of the dharma" does not make what they say true.
  • Good thread!! A la @leonbasin
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    I did not watch the video. I don't know what its about. I just want to say this:

Just because someone claims themselves to be an authority on some subject does not make what they say ultimately true. Too many people on NewBuddhist take people's words as fact when they shouldn't. Because somebody claims to be a "leading scientist in their field" does not mean what they say is true. Because somebody claims to have "psychic" powers does not make what they say true. Because somebody claims to know the "true inner-workings of the dharma" does not make what they say true.
    The thread is about asking for references. Yaou.

Keep it real.

BTW. Who is a leading scientist and what was the relevance of this post anyway? I do not get it?

/Victor

• I will watch this video and well I am starting to now. I remember a buddhist monk in the Uk who said to a friend of my mum that around 2012-2013 we will be entering the golden age. he said that those who are prepared will be fine. Well I do not remember exactly what he said, but it was along those lines.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

If you'd watched the video, you wouldn't have written what you wrote here, I think.
    this is an example of 'uninformed opinion'.

• This is actually a really great video, it seems to be backed up by a lot of solid evidence/science in a lot of areas of it. It raises many interesting and good points, thanks for posting this @Victorious
    edited April 2012
    @ThailandTom yepp it really touched on many interesting subjects.

I found a reference BTW
    Here is the International Peace Project in the middle east he is speaking about.

http://jcr.sagepub.com/content/32/4/776.abstract

But please do post if you know any more references.

Thanks!
    /Victor
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    In the vid....... "What would you say to a disenfranchised twenty-something who stumbles upon you on the internet?" .....Perfect.

This is what a search of this man leads to....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayanism
    He connects dots very poetically that's all I can say.... having watched the vid. ...which I usually don't bother doing.

We'll see....
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Here is video addressing scientific claims point by point

http://the2012deception.net/?p=150

The person doing the debunking has his own agenda... but he seems to have pretty good data.

There is always a window for belief..

• lol, I stumbled across another debunking video which really made me laugh. If you have the time you should watch it. It is well put together and he totally destroys the guy and his claims.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Does this change give us enlightenment or release from our karma for free? I guess does it matter either way if its true or not to our spiritual practice?
    @RichardH

Thanks! Very interesting video!

/Victor
    edited April 2012
    @ThailandTom your link is totally garbeled in the post above at least for me. Cant make heads or tails from it. But thanks anyway.

I got what I wanted from Richard.

/Victor
  • @RichardH

Thanks! Very interesting video!

/Victor
    Big thanks from here too RichardH.

My 10 year old son has been very interested in the 2012 claims from a scientific viewpoint .. he is researching about the Schumann resonances currently and I will show him this video

• ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2012
    lol if you cannot understand the notion behind the link I posted then you should revise some things in the old cranium ;):lol:
    lol if you cannot understand the notion behind the link I posted then you should revise some things in the old cranium ;):lol:
    Yo lill bro. Step of the irony peddal. I mean that your link is acting upp funny in my browser window. This is what it looks like:

;) no-repeat scroll center center transparent ! important; min-width: 32px ! important; min-height: 32px ! important; width: 640px; height: 385px; border: 1px solid rgb(223, 223, 223); cursor: pointer; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; visibility: visible ! important; -moz-box-sizing: border-box;" bgactive="url(chrome://flashblock/content/flashplay.png) no-repeat center" bginactive="url(chrome://flashblock/content/flash.png) no-repeat center">

Some links I post turn up this way and then I need to edit the post and use the Url button to fix it...? Sometimes it just looks good without meddeling.

Probably something on my end.

/Victor