Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

my dharma talk went well

AMHAMH
edited July 2012 in Sanghas
We had our annual Buddhist service at the Unitarian Universalist church today. i am only attending the buddhist group and not sundays but I still decided to go and give my talk with the group. I love this service, I have been doing short talks for 5 years now. this time there was a lot in the service and I only had 5 minutes.

the theme was 'beloved community' so I talked about the wisdom of 'going nowhere'. I guess I am seen as the most exciting of our group, or the one who gets the most excited. In any case my talks seem to go over well. My favorite compliment was the guy who I consider a pretty serious buddhist but we don't see much of him in our group. He has been around the 10+ years the group has been going. So after the service he came over, held my hand and said 'brilliant'. Yeah wow, I guess you had to be there.

So I feel enouraged to study towards being a meditation leader or whatever comes up again.

PS i will post the talk later but my daughter has the only copy right now
SkyLotus

Comments