Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

change your mind day 6/3/06 in NYC

edited July 2006 in Sanghas
Just incase anyone is in the area tommorow i wanted to pass along this info. tricycle.com does this every year.

CHANGE YOUR MIND DAY!

SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 2006
12:00-5:00 PM
THE GREAT HILL, CENTRAL PARK

Change Your Mind Day

Music, poetry, contemplative exercises, and
introductory meditation practices from a variety of
Buddhist traditions.

ADMISSION IS FREE

Presenters include:
Laurie Anderson, Stuart Cardunner, Jon Gibson,
Stan Grier, Bhante Kondanna,Michele Laporte,
Cyndi Lee, Rev. T.K. Nakagaki, David Nichtern,
Roshi Enkyo O’Hara, , Jill Satterfield, Bhante Seelananda,
Clark Strand, Soh Daiko & Prajwal Ratna Vajracharya.

DIRECTIONS:
B or C train to 103rd St. and Central Park West; OR
1 train to 103rd St. and Broadway
Enter from the West Side, at the SE corner of 106th St. and CPW

For more information, please call: 1-800-950-7008

LEARN TO MEDITATE.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!

Change Your Mind Day

Change Your Mind Day is presented by the Tricycle Foundation, and co-sponsored by the Frederick P. Lenz Foundation for American Buddhism. Courtesy of City of New York Parks & Recreation.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Good thing I read this. I had no idea what it was about.

I was just thinking..."Hmmm... a day to change your mind? I change my mind all the time!"

Now... a change yer shorts day, that I can totally see.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I was going to go but...I changed my mind!

Hey, it's Friday. What do you expect?

Palzang
  • edited June 2006
    If anyone is in the Phoenix area, I will be hosting the CYM day event here tomorrow.

details at http://www.azbs.org/cym.html
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Welcome Yin De.... pop in afterwards and tell us how it went....!

Nice to meet you...

Don't be a stranger.... ;)
  • edited June 2006
    are you going buddhafoot? because of the rain it may be held inside but rain or shine it will commence. if you (or anyone else for that matter) go, look for the girl with the brightest red hair in the park and say HEEEEAAAY. I would love to sit and talk with you bf you are a very wise soul.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited June 2006
    when will it be change your underwear day?-mine is just about ready to change itself...
  • edited June 2006
    that was funny xrayman. it was alot of fun. i got alot of different perspectives on ways to practice. they had a yogi, mahayana, zen, pure land and a few other versions of buddhist speaking. i never really put much thought into which sect of buddhism i practice. it almost seemed unbuddhist to seggregate. but i got a deeper perspective of why and how it is different from the speakers. i guess it did change my mind a bit by opening it more.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    when will it be change your underwear day?-mine is just about ready to change itself...

Careful of the underwear gnomes!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    And don't forget to change your socks also boys!