Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dairy products cause ACNE!!! WOW! (Similar Experiences?)

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited August 2012 in Diet & Habits
My face is pretty bad right now, since I started eating dairy. Before I was more veggie, bought veggie cheese, veggie turkey and so on, and my face was clear. And now...goodness...have to cut it out! Anyone have similar experiences?

http://drhyman.com/blog/conditions/do-milk-and-sugar-cause-acne/
http://www.naturalnews.com/024613_milk_acne_blood.html
http://blisstree.com/look/dairy-causes-acne-456/
http://freshandagelessblog.com/2011/02/16/its-proven-sugar-and-diary-cause-acne/
http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2011/08/18/confirmed-dairy-and-sugar-cause-acne/

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    "Why avoid milk products?

"The reason that milk products cause acne is because milk contains hormones that "turn on" oil glands. The cows that give the milk are pregnant and milking most of their lives. These hormones are not injected into the cows - they are natural hormones that cows make during every "menstrual" cycle, but during pregnancy these hormones are produced continuously at high levels and so are found in all cows' milk." Acnemilk.com
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    I cut out all dairy for one month. No change whatsoever.
    I guess different people have different reactions to what they eat.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I drink goat's milk. soya and rice milks.
    I also have hazelnut milk and almond milk which are awesome for making milkshakes!!
  • I don't really interact with dairy too much. Sometimes I'll have a spot of whey protein.
  • Lotus21Lotus21 Indiana Explorer
    Dairy products cause stomach ache for me, not acne. :-/
  • I think what you're talking about is some kind of allergy, or maybe lactose intolerance. I don't think dairy affects all people in that way. :)
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Everyone's unique body chemistry reacts differently to different foods. Dairy can also be inflammatory which can also increase acne/skin problems. For me, dairy causes a lot of bloating, and if I eat too much, it causes an allergic (runny nose etc) reaction. Same if I eat more than a serving of wheat in a day. Some people also have more of a reaction to an acidic state in the body, and it can be hard to balance that out. It's done mostly with veggies, but you need like a 6;1 alkaline to acid ratio to start to correct it. Nutrition sure isn't as simple as calories in vs calories out!
    DaltheJigsaw
    I cut out all dairy for one month. No change whatsoever.
    I guess different people have different reactions to what they eat.
    Interesting!
    Dairy products cause stomach ache for me, not acne. :-/
    Yea i got that! I used to be lactose intolerant, then it was fine, but now instead of stomach aches, I got mad acne!!!
    I think what you're talking about is some kind of allergy, or maybe lactose intolerance. I don't think dairy affects all people in that way. :)
    Oh? Maybe you right! I'm lactose intolerant, and it's an allergy? Wow! Never thought about it like that!!!
    Everyone's unique body chemistry reacts differently to different foods. Dairy can also be inflammatory which can also increase acne/skin problems. For me, dairy causes a lot of bloating, and if I eat too much, it causes an allergic (runny nose etc) reaction. Same if I eat more than a serving of wheat in a day. Some people also have more of a reaction to an acidic state in the body, and it can be hard to balance that out. It's done mostly with veggies, but you need like a 6;1 alkaline to acid ratio to start to correct it. Nutrition sure isn't as simple as calories in vs calories out!
    WoW! So basically back to Veggie diet?
  • Yeah, I basically live on dairy and
    LeonBasin said:

I think what you're talking about is some kind of allergy, or maybe lactose intolerance. I don't think dairy affects all people in that way. :)
    Oh? Maybe you right! I'm lactose intolerant, and it's an allergy? Wow! Never thought about it like that!!!

Yeah, I've heard of acne as an effect of lactose intolerance/allergy. Go over it with your doctor, he might have something to say about it :)
    DaltheJigsaw
  • Does this include cheese?

If it does =\
    taiyaki said:

Does this include cheese?

If it does =\

Especially cheese! String cheese!
    taiyaki
  • There's sheep dairy, too, that isn't as "gamey" as goat. There are good sheep milk cheeses, and sheep yogurt.
    DaltheJigsaw