Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Podcast & iTunes.....

edited July 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
I have been trying to get up to speed on the whole 'podcast' thing/technology...and have not been successful yet.

Does anybody know of a site that can help? I have installed Itunes at home (got it with my daughters cell phone)...but don't know how to use it/how it works. The double clicking just keeps downloading a podcast....but never plays it and I can't find it saved on my computer. The ITunes site is of no help.

Help?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    harlan, I moved this to site discussion, because it's a tecchie question...But it's to do with Iawa's post in Buddhism 101 about a site with active video/audio links...

Can anyone help...?

I'm stretched doing this kind of stuff as it is - !!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    harlan wrote:
    I have been trying to get up to speed on the whole 'podcast' thing/technology...and have not been successful yet.

Does anybody know of a site that can help? I have installed Itunes at home (got it with my daughters cell phone)...but don't know how to use it/how it works. The double clicking just keeps downloading a podcast....but never plays it and I can't find it saved on my computer. The ITunes site is of no help.

Help?

Thanks. :)

That's whatcha get for using Crapple products.

I would assume that you need to download the itunes software (which I assume you have) and then possibly have to port whatever you have downloaded onto your Ipod. Although it does seem odd that you could download something to Itunes on your pc - but not be able to listen to it to see if you even want it on your Ipod.

Any crApple users here!?!?!?!

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited June 2006
    give up
  • edited June 2006
    You could try checking out this page http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/tips.html

Also make sure you've got the latest version of iTunes. I think it's currently version 6 and it's free to download.
    I search for podcasts I want in the podcast directory and then subscribe to them. They then appear in my podcast folder in iTunes. Every now and then I select the option to update my podcasts and it goes off and shows you any new ones that you haven't downloaded. You can then select the ones you want and download them.
    Once downloaded you should be able to find a "podcasts" genre in your iTunes library folder. You should be able to listen to them from there.
    Good luck, it's a bit of a faff to start with but once you get used to iTunes it becomes a breeze!
  • edited July 2006
    Yeah it was difficult for me at first, even being pretty tech savvy. But after a while it became much easier. I recetly got my daughter a Creative Zen Nano mp3 player though and it is so much easier than the IPOD. All you do is drag and drop the mp3 and you're ready to go!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I just bought my (now) twelve year old daughter an MP3/WMA player (yea it's only 128MB) but if you use WMA format it allows more song storage than the equivalent MP3 format.

She loves it, it has an FM radio and voice recorder as well (not bad for 45 $Aus!).

regards