Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How much Buddha have you got?

VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
edited September 2012 in General Banter
Q1.
If the late Buddha weighed about 75 kilos at his death.
How many of those Buddha atoms are in Your body now?

Q2.
If the Buddha had an average lung capacity of 4 litres throughout his approximately 80 year life. Then how many of those Buddha air molecules he used will you inhale everytime you take a breath?

Peace!
/Victor

Comments

• i cant find my calculator, sorry mate.
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    I think I will let you hang for a while longer...

:coffee:

/Victor
  • edited September 2012

Q1.
    If the late Buddha weighed about 75 kilos at his death.
    How many of those Buddha atoms are in Your body now?

Q2.
    If the Buddha had an average lung capacity of 4 litres throughout his approximately 80 year life. Then how many of those Buddha air molecules he used will you inhale everytime you take a breath?

Peace!
    /Victor

Are these koans? Lol.
  • Hey, that's kind of a nice thought :)
  • edited September 2012
    My answer to both questions is...
    All of them and none of them.
  • Indra's net.

If we take a part, then from that part we can construct the whole as each part is completely dependent upon everything else.
  • it seems you imagine 'Buddha is a physical'
    but
    according to my understanding Buddha doesn't mean physical :)
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited September 2012
    It would be amazing to think that I've got an atom that belonged to the Buddha somewhere inside my left testicle. How cool would that be?
  • Neither Bodhisattvas nor Buddha's are to be known by their physicality (rûpa). In The Questions of King Milinda (IV, 3, 25) the sons of the Conqueror (the Buddha) are enjoined not honor relics of the Tathagata. Rather they are to comprehend the true nature of compounded things, etc.
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    Songhill said:

Neither Bodhisattvas nor Buddha's are to be known by their physicality (rûpa). In The Questions of King Milinda (IV, 3, 25) the sons of the Conqueror (the Buddha) are enjoined not honor relics of the Tathagata. Rather they are to comprehend the true nature of compounded things, etc.

But despite that, the Buddha did give clippings of his hair to some merchants, for them to remember him by. So he wasn't totally against relics.
  • JamestheGiant:

Worldlings (prithagjana), I guess, need their little toys. :)

According to the Astasahasrikaprajnaparamita Sutra:

"O monks, you should not think that this individual body is mine. O monks, you should see me from the accomplishment of the Dharma-body.