Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tin Yat Lineage

SileSile Veteran
edited September 2012 in Faith & Religion
Just found long diatribe against Thai Buddhists, which concluded with a link to the "Tin Yat Lineage" as a wholesome alternative.

It ends with, "In conclusion, we Taoism are AGAINST all these Kumon Tong, Tibetan Buddhism, Thailand religions, Balakit, Gong Tau Magic, and all these evil things. All of the student in Tin Yat Lineage are not allowed to even touch these in their life. Once they did practice or use these, they get expelled immediately without notice and they are out of the lineage for sure. There are no exception. As we always say — ZERO.Negative, that’s what Taoism is about!"

On the main Tin Yat website there is an entire section devoted to expulsion from the lineage, and a subtitle,"Tin Yat Taoist Magic Masters Protocols: 1) Use your magic to help others only, do not do evil things." This is followed by the names of people who have recently been expelled, including "Aaron (1 year old son of Tin Fu, he is out with mom)."

I wonder if the kid will realize, growing up, that he has already been a member of--and then bodily expelled from--this particular lineage, but anyway...

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this sect. I'm disheartened to find yet another group that makes being against other forms of Buddhism one of its core values. I guess my main question is not even about Tin Yat specifically, but whether anyone has noticed this level of sectarianism in Taoism before, or whether this being "anti" something is generally the characteristic of--I don't know how to put it--maybe, fraudulent or ingenuine sects whose goals are not (or not primarily) spiritual?

Comments

• Taoism isn't Buddhism though so it's not "another group that makes being against other forms of Buddhism one of its core values", or am I mistaken?
  • Cloud said:

Taoism isn't Buddhism though so it's not "another group that makes being against other forms of Buddhism one of its core values", or am I mistaken?

Correct - my bad! Raised in HK, where Buddhism/Taoism all gets a little murky :) But I should have said "another group that makes being against certain schools of Buddhism one of its core values."

• Sile said:

Just found long diatribe against Thai Buddhists, which concluded with a link to the "Tin Yat Lineage" as a wholesome alternative.

It ends with, "In conclusion, we Taoism are AGAINST

it is better stop reading from this point onwards

i hope Buddhists understand what i meant

:)
    sova