Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Truth of the Path

2»

Comments

• In my meditative experience there are upsetting voices. So that is what I practice with. Is that 'Buddhism'? Yes. The nature of the mind is the same whatever religion you are practicing. Christianity in my youth did not teach meditation though there was singing.
    poptart
  • Silouan said:

In the spirit of @MaryAnne 's call to a higher standard, and for the benefit of all.

There has been many a discussion on this forum when validation of one's belief is required, but we have been rather quick to point out the reasons for invalidating the beliefs of others to support our own beliefs.

Without using the invalidation of another religion please explain why you believe in the respective teachings of your chosen path. Is there some kind of evidence or personal experiences that validate what you believe, or is it something else?

I don't think I can do that, since I followed the process of elimination - do away with god, soul, holy books, and what you're left with is either nihilism or Buddhism.
    RebeccaS