Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

‘Zen Buddhism and the Arts of Japan’ Opens at McClung Museum

SO considering a drive eastward--there are special programs in conjunction with the exhibit as well:

"The museum is hosting special events in connection with the exhibition. At 2:00 p.m. on September 23, Megan Bryson, professor of religious studies and associate curator of the exhibit, will present From Zen Art to Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, a look at what is actually related to Zen Buddhism and what is just part of popular culture. On October 28, Emiko Suzuki, sensei of the Blue Ridge Chapter of Ikenobo Ikebana, will present a demonstration of ikebana, Japanese flower arranging, and the tea ceremony, both of which relate to Zen beliefs and practices."

http://www.utk.edu/tntoday/2012/09/18/exhibit-zen-buddhism-japan-mcclung/

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Bit more than "a drive eastward" for me, sadly.........
  • federica said:

Bit more than "a drive eastward" for me, sadly.........

I sadly can't justify it either - though still tempting. Don't know if non-flash photography is allowed, but if it is, maybe some pics will pop up on Flickr...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    You'd still get there quicker than I - ! :D
    Sile