Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What in the heck am I doing?

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited July 2006 in Sanghas
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here very much lately. The truth is, I am lost. My family and I have been in different states for almost a year now. I have just started saving money. Dominos is jerking me around. They will not give me a store and they have started offering stores to managers with no qualifications. My boss and my old boss who have been with the company for over 20 years each both kept telling me to stay and be patient. Now both of them are telling me that they don't understand where the company's going and they are agreeing with me in the fact that I might not ever get a store. A few weeks ago they lowered my pay without telling me. I went on a rampage emailing and calling everyone I could. They reinstated my pay and talked it out with me. I am just waiting for all of this to happen again. I think I might have to just go look for work elsewhere. I can get paid better everywhere else.

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Hi Comic,

I am so sorry to hear about what's going on with your job. If you are that happy, I would say that it is probably a good idea to look at other places for employment. I don't know what the job market is like out there, but it never hurts to look around. I am sure you miss your family terribly! Hang in there and know that we are all here for you.....please keep us posted.

Kim
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    My job is driving me crazy also. The company is "circling the drain" and they are late paying us. Time to start looking...
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I can't imagine going through the changes you have in the last year. It's also very disturbing when things do not go as planned - and there is nothing in your control where you can do anything about it.

I wish you the best on whatever decision you make.

-bf
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Thanks everyone. The best thing about Las Vegas is that it has the number one employment rate in the country. It's funny because in the county I came from it had the number one unemployment rate in the country. DOminos has not been trying to keep their employees happy. I think they should being that in Las Vegas everyone can get a job without even trying. There are more jobs here than people to fill them. I was thinking of getting a daytime job and then going to work at a different store where my old boss works and just driving a few nights a week for her.
  • edited June 2006
    Your plan sounds good, Comic. Life is too short to have a crappy job, especially when there are other ones available to you in your area.

Best of luck to you.....

Lots of hugs,
    Kim
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Ditto, Comic.

Get the heck out! Life's way too short to be jerked around. Take matters into your own hands and find a job that allows you to find happiness and peace once again. You're in the best place to do that, thank goodness, and you'll be relieved to get out from under the garbage they're heaping on you. You deserve the best that life has to offer, so go out there and grab it with both hands.

You have us to come to you anytime you need us and we'll be sending you our wishes for peace and joy. Happiness is right around the corner, comic! Go get it!

Magwang,

I sympathize with you immensely. Been there, man!! Start looking and you'll find the right place to be. From the little I know about you, you're highly employable, aren't you? So go get something steady and good for you. Job searches can be really fun if you let them. I'm a pro so if you want (or need) any help just PM me.

Sending you both much love and encouragement.

Your friend,
    Brigid
  • edited June 2006
    DOminos has not been trying to keep their employees happy

Generally, large companies concerns center around keeping investors happy so unless you own your own franchise store don't expect to be accomated by your employer. Best of luck in finding meaningful employment that won't derail your practice. True happiness arises from conditions within, no external cause can provide you a lasting feeling of satisfaction.

In Gassho
    Steve
  • edited June 2006
    Iawa wrote:
    Generally, large companies concerns center around keeping investors happy so unless you own your own franchise store don't expect to be accomated by your employer. Best of luck in finding meaningful employment that won't derail your practice. True happiness arises from conditions within, no external cause can provide you a lasting feeling of satisfaction.

In Gassho
    Steve

Rethinking that ..... all happiness is dukha(sp?), because all happiness is impermanent.

By all means enjoy it while it's present!!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Comic,
    I just left a job that paid very good money but the working conditions were unacceptable. If you know that you can get another job easily, why stay? I put out my resume and got 5 calls in one day. It never hurts to put the feelers out if you are serious about leaving.