Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Statues and Art

Lee82Lee82 Veteran
edited September 2012 in General Banter
I would like to buy a couple of buddhist items for my house but am not sure what to get. I was thinking maybe a buddha statue and a painting of some sort for the wall. I was wondering what things other people have in the homes and if they would care to share photos with the rest of us?

I've been looking at various websites and came across this statue that would sit very well on my white and black fireplace:

MaryAnnepaige

Comments

• i am still living with my 'rents but always liked the idea of a statue whenever i see an image or statue of the buddha i get a sense of calm nd tranquility so go for it lol. All i have currently is some wrist mala lol to remind me of the buddhist principals.
  • I have some Buddha and Guan Yin statue in my parents home. There are little buddha statue that I have in my dorm. There are still some buddha statues,paintings, and some accessories at my parents home. When I back to home, I would take the picture for you.image
    Lee82MaryAnnepaige
  • I have a few buddhas about the house. Here are two:

Lee82yamadaMaryAnnepaige
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited September 2012
    I have something Buddha or Buddhism related in probably every room in the house... but these are the main pieces. I'm also a big Kwan Yin fan; from way back in my Pagan days. ;)

Click on the pic to get a close-up look.
    zombiegirlpaige
  • yamada said:

I get hear no evil and speak no evil... who is the third chap? that hand gesture is booya / get in (no evil)?!
  • @Zero : they are the symbol to Think right, Speak right, and Act right ;)
  • The third one looks like he's flipping me off :lol:

(I think it's just the angle though :) )
    yamadaamandathetexan
  • yamada said:

@Zero : they are the symbol to Think right, Speak right, and Act right ;)

Thanks... love the symbol for 'act'... he looks like he's properly 'getting in there'!!
    :D
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    @Lee82 -- Get what you like. What you like will act as a better reminder.

imageimage
    MaryAnnepaige
  • My statue arrived in the post today and it looks mighty well on my fireplace. My first piece of buddhist art and in a prominent place in the house. I like it :-)
    yamada
  • I believe someone here posted once that the Buddha shouldn't be treated as a decoration. This rang true to me. I keep my buddha statue in a small alter area.
    MaryAnnepaige