Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ancient Aliens

2»

Comments

• SileSile Veteran
    music said:

Am I the only one who finds this guy attractive?

The Greek dude? No--I think he's adorable, and I love his accent and enthusiasm!
  • SileSile Veteran
    edited October 2012

"Airplaine" artifacts (avionetas) in the Gold Museum of Bogotá. So dang cute.
  • I'm a starseed!!!!!!

Quick, he must be planted!!!

• SileSile Veteran
    edited October 2012
    One thing I don't hear people talk about much is the concept that these airplane shapes (if that's what they are--who knows) could have come as a result of visions, or prophecies.

The Hocak culture, for example, is historically full of prophecies. According to my Hocak fam, there was a prophecy far in the past about a time when tall, round towers would be built on Hocak land, and smoke would come out of the top. There was also a prophecy that when the big roads came, it would be the end time for the Native Americans--generally the big roads are thought to be the interstate system. To this day some Hocaks avoid the interstate and take state roads instead.

Anyway, I just wondered if the airplane (and even some of the spaceship-cockpit type carving) could be theorized to come from a vision, rather than direct experience.
  • Sile said:

One thing I don't hear people talk about much is the concept that these airplane shapes (if that's what they are--who knows) could have come as a result of visions, or prophecies.

The Hocak culture, for example, is historically full of prophecies. According to my Hocak fam, there was a prophecy far in the past about a time when tall, round towers would be built on Hocak land, and smoke would come out of the top. There was also a prophecy that when the big roads came, it would be the end time for the Native Americans--generally the big roads are thought to be the interstate system. To this day some Hocaks avoid the interstate and take state roads instead.

Anyway, I just wondered if the airplane (and even some of the spaceship-cockpit type carving) could be theorized to come from a vision, rather than direct experience.

Basically smoking that special cactus or eating those magical mushrooms. Quite possible I guess yea. That is the point, nobodody knows because it is in the past and nobody from that era can tell you why they made such things. Damn ancient druggies.