Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A little perspective

BrigidBrigid Veteran
edited July 2006 in Buddhism Today
I'm sure many of you have read this before but I stumbled upon it yesterday and thought it might be a good thing to post and a good thing to remember.

Our planet.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Ouch.

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Hello all,
    Makes me think......
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Me too, Esau. And it makes me grateful.
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks for posting that Brigid, I'm going to bookmark that one to read whenever I feel down about anything.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Hi, Frizzy!!
    Long time no see!
    And you're very welcome. :)
  • edited June 2006
    why can't I get Brigid's link to work?? I click on it and nothing happens.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:

Ooooh! Ooooh! Can I answer this one !?!?!?!!?!?!?!

-bf
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:

There's a few too many slashes in the address [url]http:////www.randomania.net/[/url]

Try http://www.randomania.net/
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Oooops! Did I make a boo boo? When I click it works. How did you see the address, Magwang?
  • edited June 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Ooooh! Ooooh! Can I answer this one !?!?!?!!?!?!?!

-bf

No. Shut it.
  • edited June 2006
    Wow...thanks for posting that Brigid. Really makes you think and be grateful for what you have. :) I am grateful for all of you (except Buddhafoot).
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    LOL!!
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Oooops! Did I make a boo boo? When I click it works. How did you see the address, Magwang?
    ::
    I pushed the round clicky thing until it was over the clicky part and then I looked at the screen
  • edited June 2006
    LOL...oh, is that the technical term for this thing? The round clicky thing? Cool.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    shoot....I thought that was the doodjit...:wtf: D'HOH!!
  • edited June 2006
    no, no, no...the doodjit is that there little thingy that you press yer fingers on to make words on the screen. :buck:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    well what the heck's the doodjie-merflip then - ?!?!
  • edited June 2006
    federica wrote:
    well what the heck's the doodjie-merflip then - ?!?!

The doodjit-merflip is the clicky thingy that makes the wrong letters disappear.....:D
    edited June 2006
    I'm sorry.... Are we all checking out the same user's technical manual....?
    Page seven, paragraph six (about half way down, give or take the odd doodle in the margin) clearly states:

"Move the doodjit across the pretty pad with the sad puppy on it until the thinghy-bob on the screen touches the word, then run the thinghy-bob over the word, by pressing the doodjit with your finger, and the word should turn a pretty blue colour... press the arrow facing right, on the clicky-clacky board, and, Hey Presto! The word will disappear! We tell you, it's magic!"

Don't you guys read the manual - ??1?
  • edited June 2006
    OH!!! I have been trying to interpret the foreign language part!!! oh wait, no, it's upside down! THERE WE GO!

You are right!
  • edited June 2006
    LOL!
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks for sharing, Brigid!
    I needed that reality check!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    You're welcome, Sharpiegirl!

But I still can't find the sad puppy or how to see the address of the link. But I do know what I did wrong. I pasted to the two line thingies into the box thing that adds the link when I should have left them out and just pasted the address thingy into that box gagdet. You know, where you put the address?
    edited July 2006
    (what's an address?)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    It's that thing you add to a dress, you know...that thing?
    edited July 2006
    ...Not the 'other' thing then...or the thingy? Cool. Got it now, thanks.:crazy: :D
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    No problemo! Sorry if I got a little too technical on ya there.
  • edited July 2006
    WOW! That was a serious reality check Brigid. Reminds me that everytime I play my baby violins I seriously should be ashamed of myself.

I'm also computer illiterate and reading this thread has helped me so much with understanding the proper terminology for all the different thingys. But what does the dohickys do?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    LOL!

The dohickys make those whatchamacallits pop up so you can see those thingmejigs.
  • edited July 2006
    Ohhhhhhh O K I 've got it now........Thanks for clearing that up Brigid.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    My pleasure, treasure. (I just made that up right this minute! Maybe I could become a poet.)
  • edited July 2006
    I think you could be a poet and maybe even a famous poet. ;)
    edited July 2006
    ....Don't forget to use the fiddly-bibs when you need to go up and down the page, because if you use the thingy on the whatsit, the diddy-bobs disappear.....
  • edited July 2006
    Oh Thank you so much! I totally forgot about the fiddly-bibs and I sure don't want the diddy-bobs to disappear. That would be terrible!
    edited July 2006
    .....Oh, I dunno....... I could do with fewer diddiy-bobs.....The way they wobble.....:D
    edited July 2006
    .......Oh, I dunno......I could do with fewer diddy-bobs....the way they wobble......:D
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I feel like I've just entered a Lewis Carrol poem.
    edited July 2006
    'T'was flooby, and the diddy-bob
    did moze and floober in the froole".....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Hey, that's good, Fede! You're a poet!
  • edited July 2006
    We have not one but two poets..............You guys are soooooooooooo good. WOW!!