Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Has anyone done A Course In Miracles?

I know it's a Christian text, but given that so many of us are from Christian backgrounds I thought maybe someone has done it?

Comments

• Nope but my counselor told me about it, her dad does classes or meetings of it.

I met some people that were part of the group in the lobby one day and they were a really lively bunch, very nice. I laughed a lot.

One guy said, "I got a new pet." A couple of the women were like, "Get out of here, no you didn't."

He said, "Yeah, I did, I got a pet tick...

and of course, I had to get a dog to feed it."

:lol:
    RebeccaSFullCircleIndigoBlueSky9
  • I've tried it a few times, never got past lesson 50 :lol: I'm trying to do it again (for like the 9th time I think) and I wondered if anyone had made it through the whole thing, and how they liked it.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    What is it?
  • RebeccaSRebeccaS Veteran
    edited October 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Course_in_Miracles

It's essentially a course in forgiveness. I really like it, but I have never made it all the way through. You do a lesson every day that includes a practice for the day. It's really cool, but it's very advanced which possibly why I've never done the whole thing.

You can read the workbook for free http://acim.org/Lessons/lesson.html?lesson=10 (I didn't really like the textbook, personally).

Sorry, it's like... Two books. A textbook and a workbook, but the textbook isn't necessary for the workbook/course.
  • I am currently doing a course in miracles. It is called Buddhism.
    IndigoBlueSky9MaryAnne
  • music said:

I am currently doing a course in miracles. It is called Buddhism.

:rolleyes:
    IndigoBlueSky9