Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Art

edited October 2005 in General Banter
It seems that some on this site carry a bit of that creative flair!

Post samples of your art (digi, hand made, photos or whatever you create) here!

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Here's a drawing of mine. I hope you enjoy it!

thewayupload9wi.jpg
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    That's great, BSF! :)

I'll have a dig in my photobucket and see what I can find! :)

I hope others will post too, as I'd like to see their work too!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    A friend of mine liked this picture of a watercolor in a book - so I painted it for him to put in his house.

I also write and perform original music - if anyone is interested in giving things a listen.

-bf
    edited September 2005
    BSF,

Love the work.

I really, really, really dig traditional Chinese art. I have quite a bit of it hanging on my walls.

Is this pen/ink?

-bf
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    Great picture, bf! :)

Here is my work from my degree show! I hope you like it! :)

sirving5small.jpg

yhmr.jpg

sirving1small.jpg
    edited September 2005
    Sar,

What do you make these articles out of? Is it all done by hand? Loom? What's your technique?

-bf
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    bf, they are all hand knitted (or handmade on my very own basic invented knitting machine!) :)

One is knitted with washine line (the yellow one), the blue one is Ethernet cable, the small ones are a rubber glove, a j-cloth, a duster, a plastic bag and a sock! The dangly ones are made from altered and reknitted jumpers!

The one with the phone, the top is knitted from continuous telephone extension wires attached to the phone which has a normal wool knitted cover! (the phone still works through the whole thing!) :)

Do you like them or just think i'm odd now?! ;)
    edited September 2005
    Sar wrote:
    bf, they are all hand knitted (or handmade on my very own basic invented knitting machine!) :)

One is knitted with washine line (the yellow one), the blue one is Ethernet cable, the small ones are a rubber glove, a j-cloth, a duster, a plastic bag and a sock! The dangly ones are made from altered and reknitted jumpers!

The one with the phone, the top is knitted from continuous telephone extension wires attached to the phone which has a normal wool knitted cover! (the phone still works through the whole thing!) :)

Do you like them or just think i'm odd now?! ;)

No... I don't think you're weird.

I think it's fun that someone takes something most of us would simply discard and make something totally different out of it!

The pictures were just kind of small and I couldn't really tell what some of the items were. Have you wore the cover AND taken a call at th same time? :)

-bf
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    a closer image of the phone!
    IMG_2630.jpg

and the knitted top!
    IMG_2625.jpg

If you'd like to read my catalogue brief explanation, you can see it here....

http://www.artdes.mmu.ac.uk/interactivearts/2005/
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    I haven't - sadly! I've had the top on, but the phone idea was a bit of a rush job at the end, as it was supposed to run the internet through it (but then I discovered that Uni used ethernet for it!

I like to find the items that people disregard or just 'miss', as I feel that they play much more of an important part than any of us care to believe! :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Of course you're weird, Sar. That's why we like you!
  • edited September 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    BSF,

Love the work.

I really, really, really dig traditional Chinese art. I have quite a bit of it hanging on my walls.

Is this pen/ink?

-bf

It's just regular bic pen.
    edited September 2005
    It's just regular bic pen.

Is that the "traditional" Chinese bic pen? :)

-bf
  • SarSar
    edited October 2005
    Of course you're weird, Sar. That's why we like you!

:lol: Well that's okay then! :lol:

I did consider saving my weirdenss until I had more posts, but hey, if you like me this way then that's great! :)