Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED

JerbearJerbear Veteran
edited July 2006 in Sanghas
Hello my fellow treaders of the path,

I wanted to let you all know that you're advice to leave my job was taken with some trepidation, but then I realized I had options. For that, thank you.

I got a call last week I must share with you all as it floored me. I am a nurse that was trained at a community college. Since I only have a 2 year degree, that means desk jobs weren't open to me. Then Blue Cross/Blue Sheild (a major medical insurance company in the US) called me wanting to interview me. I thought "What for?". Then I found out by calling them back that it was for an "Ask A Nurse" position. I would be one of several nurses ready to answer the phone and answer clients questions about health care.

Now for those of you have stood by me during the rehabilitation of my back and the subsequent nightmare that has been, this is perfect. Lifting patients, fighting alcoholics and confused people in the ICU is no longer good for me. I never thought in a million years I would ever interview for a job like this. Since I have 9 years experience, it counts as much as a bachelor's degree. It is afternoons, so I could take classes in the morning for my BSN. Cool huh?

I have Brigid crossing her fingers, and I need you all to do so. I interview Friday 11 AM! Wish me luck!

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Luck, dude!

Show 'em what you can do with a chair and a phone!

-bf
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Since BF already answered. Just got a call from a local hospice asking me to apply and interview. Darn, I must be in demand.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    See?

I got some serious mojo oozin outta me, baby!!!!!!!!

Or... I might just need a salve for that oozing. :(

-bf
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Penicillin, Lots of Penicillin.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2006
    Good luck Jerry :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2006
    All best wishes!
  • edited July 2006
    I hope the interview goes well. :)
  • edited July 2006
    How exciting!! Best of luck to you, Jerry! I can't wait to hear about your interview. You will be in my thoughts.
  • edited July 2006
    consider yourself already with the position you really want most.
    i will congratulate you now!

CONGRATULATIONS JERBEAR!!!!!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I'm crossing "everything" for you.

It is here that I'd like to say that God/Buddha/the universe or whatever is your thing, works in mysterious ways!
  • edited July 2006
    GOOD LUCK, JERBEAR!!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    You know sometimes you just have to laugh. As I was getting ready for my interview this morning, my printer died. I had no way to print a resume. Called the place and they said they would use the one that I had sent them prior. WHEW!

Then I stick a pen in my pocket and it had a slight leak. Ink all over a white shirt. It could be hidden, but it was 84 degrees and I don't tolerate heat well. That one was fixed by not taking my coat off, and it's casual Friday in their office. They want me to be comfy but I couldn't do it.

On my way to the place, I'm stopped by Michigan summer weather also known as construction. I sat at one place for 10 minutes while this girl decided whatever but it took her a good while especially since I had no idea where I was going. I 20 minutes late.

I did interview with 2 people instead of one and it was a 90 minute interview. That's a bit long for interview standards I would think. Not sure because most of mine have been done and over in 30 minutes. But then I got to sit with another nurse and watch what she did. It wasn't that hard.

I was informed I would be taking a pay cut. But I've only worked part time for 9 months in the past 2 years, so it has to be an increase from now! LOL!

You walk out of most interviews knowing if you did well. I usually do well during interviews. This one I'm not sure about. Will know more next week. It does seem a good job for someone in my situation. The nurse that I sat with had a similar spinal problem and said it was great.

So thanks for all the finger crossing. We will see what happens. Still have other apps out. Hospice would be cool too! But not sure what is in store for me. Working full time again would be the greatest!
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Oooo, that's great Jer!
    I don't know a lot about the medical field, but my mom used to be an EMT. I hear that's really exciting ^_^;
  • edited July 2006
    I've got my fingers and toes crossed hoping you get the call that you hope for.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    No answer yet. Will call them tomorrow. That will have been a full business week.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    WOOHOO!!!! I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2006
    Congratulations! :):) :rockon:
  • edited July 2006
    That's great! Congratulations. :)
  • edited July 2006
    CONGRATS!!!! How very exciting!!! I am very happy for you!

Kim
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2006
    WELL DONE & WELL DESERVED!

:bowdown:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    :bigclap: :rockon: :rocker: :woowoo: :cheer: :thumbsup: :D

(Good for you!!!)
  • edited July 2006
    :cheer: :thumbsup:

Congratulations Jer!!!!!!! You deserve it! :thumbsup:

Sas :buck:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    YAAAYYY!!!

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    Er..... Could we please keep the noise down a tad.....? It's way past bed-time.....!
  • edited July 2006
    It's that Brigid.....

You know how she gets..... :hair: :lol:

(Wish I knew how to spell larey?!!) *Waits fer Fede to tell me!*
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Great news, Jer. Of course, this too shall pass... :buck:

Palzang
    edited July 2006
    ....I think you'll find it's "Lairy"... :lol::lol::lol:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=92815&dict=CALD
  • edited July 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    Great news, Jer. Of course, this too shall pass... :buck:

Palzang

Party Pooper :lol:

I knew you could do it, fede :D Any news on your job hunt? I might have read, but the hormones are destroying my braincells quicker than I can read ;-)

Sas :buck:
    edited July 2006
    Mrs K, am PM'ing you so as not to go so far off thread as to be ridiculous....! (More ridiculous....??!)
    edited July 2006
    ....Actually, it's not too far off-topic....
    Could you all keep your bits crossed for me too....?

Interview on the 2nd of august, 11:00am GMT... for 'Understanding & Solutions' Company, in Dunstable.....

(I actually posted the link to their web-site....

www.uands.com

....But when I started cruising their web-site - I couldn't understand a word of it...It was all jargon, gobbledygook and double-Dutch to me! (Check it out....see what you think.....)

Then I figured out why....

You see, I think all things considered, I'm not thick or dull...I can plough my way through documentation quite fluently, but this had me flummoxed....
    Then it dawned on me.
    The site is geared, and aimed at people who already need these services, and know what they are looking for.. They already "speak" this language, because it's a familiar territory.... But to the ordinary Joe (or Joanne) in the street, well....we'd never think of these things...or indeed that they even exist, or that there's a need for them!

So I contacted the employment agency - and told them all of this! To their credit, they rang me back immediately, and explained, in fudgewit-speak, just what this company does.
    so now i know.
    and I can deal with it!

But wish me luck anyway....!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Cor, that's a bit fancy, innit?

That would be very cool if you got a job there, Fede!! I'm crossing everything for you!!

Sorry for being so loud before, got a little carried away...it's those little partying smilies. They do it to me every time! It's like virtual dancing shoes...
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Well of course, all fingers and toes crossed for you, Fede!

And since this is MY thread, be as loud as you want Brigid. That's the only way we can dance!
    :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: