Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Question

JerbearJerbear Veteran
edited July 2006 in Sanghas
How does one start their own meditation group? Since I really don't subscribe to any school of thought in Buddhism, I thought it would be nice to have a non sectarian meditation group. If one wants a Buddha statue, fine. If one wants a picture of BF, that's fine also (Please send BF!). But it is something I've thought about. We have so many Zen temples around here, and a few Theravadan but would like to see an alternative. Any ideas?

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Why would anyone want a picture of me?!?!?!?!

Although... I love this one of me and my boy when he was a tyke.

I had more hair then :(

-bf
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    My word, you're not 1/100th as ugly as you make yourself out to be. I'm glad you sent a baby picture of you. Now how about one grown up?
  • edited July 2006
    BF,
    Your son is adorable!!!!!!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Nice pic-also I like the lived-in look of the house where the plaster has been patched.
  • edited July 2006
    hi jerbear

just a suggestion.. but my meditation teacher is a gem.
    he wrote a very simple manual.. all the buddhist faiths combined.
    as in our area it was hard to teach meditation without trying to convert anyone into
    buddhism..
    yet he felt buddhist meditation was such the way.
    so again i repeat myself.. his manual is excellent..
    if you are interested in knowing more please PM me.. as i have a copy.
    its easy... and a great size for a student to read and get the meat and potatoes.

if you want to order click here.. hope i did it right.
    ps. this teacher is a retired monk, he is jamaican.. lived in the uk and tiland.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/geoblake.vijja/page3.html
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited July 2006
    Your son is so cute !! And was quite obviously a very happy little tyke - great job, Dad :).

Namaste,
    Michelle
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    You did it fantastically right, Colleen! Thanks! It is how I entered into Buddhism was through a meditation course and wanting to know more. But this one was online and wanted something with people around. I'll check it out.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    BF, your son is adorable! In my sarcasm, I forgot to mention that part! My apologies.
  • edited July 2006
    Nice picture, Buddhafoot! Your son is adorable! I remember my son at that age. Of course, Jason is now 24 and 6 feet 7 inches tall! LOL!

Adiana:grin: :usflag:
  • edited July 2006
    What a great picture, BF! Everyone is right, your son is absolutely adorable. And he looks like he is so happy and having so much fun.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    That's a beautiful pic, BF! You are both adorable.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    BF is one of the most adorable guys I know....hair or no hair, kid or no kid.....
    How old is he now, BF? Are 'shoulder-carrys' out of the question?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Awwww.... thanks everyone. I just put it up there for Jerbear (for whatever reason he needed a picture)...

He's 11 now. Best kid I've ever known - although that's probably because he has me hoodwinked.

Yes, shoulder rides are still an option. He's so big now, it just take me longer to hop on his shoulders.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    LOL!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I didn't know what you looked like! I wanted to see what I was trying to attain.