Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Love is Purpose, Canto I

Hey guys, I know that it's been a long time since I've posted anything, but my philosophy is: don't speak until you have something to say.

For those who do not remember me: I'm the writer/video-performer of Gateway (a poem that made the front page here a long time ago), as well as the writer of Fighting for Redemption (an amazon.com best selling ebook), as well as being a poster of several essays here on this website that was published in a few papers for the American military.

For those who do remember me: I've taken this time to move from America to start a new life as an expatriate in China (I live in Xi'an, the birthplace of Chinese Buddhism). Since I've emigrated from the United States, I've been immersed in a culture completely different from my own and have learned much about the world (even more than when I was in the military), having written a multitude of poems that I will eventually release as an album of slam poetry.

...but you needn't go anywhere to read anything I write or view anything I produce, because for you guys, everything I write will be completely free and available to all, including my next novel (to be released within the coming months) that I've written out my inspiring experiences that I've lived through here in Xi'an, China...during the riots of the Diaoyu Dao island crisis between Japan, the US, and China. I love you guys, and I'm honored to be apart of this website.

Today, I'd love to share with you a poem that I actually spent all of last night writing called, "Love is Purpose". This is the first Canto, but another will be written soon. If you guys would like to see me make a video of it like I did Gateway, it would be my pleasure. Just let me know in the comments below. Hope you enjoy.

Purpose is what can bind a love to last throughout the ages,

to transcend all time, space, and logic.

Experience is a catalyst, on which, true love rides

blooming from each blossom of signature experience

to die only in stagnation, when purpose ends;

Therein, love is purpose.

But should the fabric between souls,

whether such motives be decided or cosmically innate,

be intertwined by reason transcending wont procreation,

guide us, gripping we fateful by what we cannot see,

to serve something far higher than ourselves;

No losing battle is ever truly lost if fought for love

with the courage to defy the natural order for what is just;

love knows everything of fear, though acts in spite;

purity knows neither victory nor defeat, but principle;

attachment to the self is inconsequential;

within lies the will, the foundation to withstand the ages

to endure this life and be delivered unto the next,

to ride the tide of fate,

carrying with it the power to change the world;

therein, love is purpose.
ThailandTomFullCircle

Comments

• How exciting, look forward to your novel, video and other efforts :clap:

It is only fair to try and reply in rap, poem, haiku gone heywire . . .

Love is Porpoise
    Said the octo puss to rock
    As the ocean blessed their drop
    We are falling deeper
    Into depth, with every sinking stone

A sponge broke loose
    And dissolved away its being
    Are you now a sea?
    Enquired a shell no longer free

The ocean said all it could
    With marines and shores to lap
    Dance
    said the porpoise
    And this they did
    :wave:
    FullCircle
  • I was here, not for long, found liberation and then was gone!....?
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    Hi @novaw0lf, welcome back :)