Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Something i found really helpful that i would like to share.

Wisdom23Wisdom23 Veteran
edited January 2013 in Buddhism Basics
Now this may be obviuous to some but i would like to share a recent adjustment to my practise which has been rather effective i think. I use to be a evening meditator, after coming home from a sometimes 12 hour day aay from the house as soon as i sat down and even bagan to relax i would fall asleep. So recently i have been awakening half an hour early and before i have breakfast i have a 20 minute med, i have also takin a lesson from the monks and started eating my breakfast in silence. Small but it has been so helpful, i feel more awake during the day and am actually even getting better sleep. This may be obv to some and you may think im a fool for not doing it in the first plac but if anyone is looking for a nice addition to their pracrise try it. Plus i am still in my first year of practise so any suggestions are welcomes :)

Many Thanks
DeepankarThailandTomlobsterBrian

Comments

• Based on your short span of meditation practice and busy working schedule, be zen in your meditational practice coupled with sutra reading up, charitable kindness etc, and it is wiser to adopt the destination of Pureland Amitabha. You may also try the method of 9-10 times short break in meditation a day such as in the morning, before breakfast, after breakfast, before starting work, before and after lunch, break time, before off work, before dinner, after dinner, before bed time, maintain such routine that does not really take much time.
  • Deepankar said:

Based on your short span of meditation practice and busy working schedule, be zen in your meditational practice coupled with sutra reading up, charitable kindness etc, and it is wiser to adopt the destination of Pureland Amitabha. You may also try the method of 9-10 times short break in meditation a day such as in the morning, before breakfast, after breakfast, before starting work, before and after lunch, break time, before off work, before dinner, after dinner, before bed time, maintain such routine that does not really take much time.

Tar for your advice. I am working on building up the amount of time meditate but it is hard lol. I work in a college so i couldnt really take any time out lol i support student who have special educational needs. Many thanks though
  • Wisdom23 said:

Now this may be obviuous to some but i would like to share a recent adjustment to my practise which has been rather effective i think. I use to be a evening meditator, after coming home from a sometimes 12 hour day aay from the house as soon as i sat down and even bagan to relax i would fall asleep. So recently i have been awakening half an hour early and before i have breakfast i have a 20 minute med, i have also takin a lesson from the monks and started eating my breakfast in silence. Small but it has been so helpful, i feel more awake during the day and am actually even getting better sleep. This may be obv to some and you may think im a fool for not doing it in the first plac but if anyone is looking for a nice addition to their pracrise try it. Plus i am still in my first year of practise so any suggestions are welcomes :)

Many Thanks

Good for you. I wish you well.