Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where is everybody?!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited June 2005 in General Banter
hello folks, howya been?
Work is really keeping me busy at the moment; lots of 'happy campers' coming and going.... This past weekend, for example, I ended uo with 84, altogether.... by monday afternoon, the site was empty again..... you see it's a pause palce really, more than a really active campsite, because in reality, there's very little to do here.... it's a stop-over place more than a 'let's stop here' place! It's convenient for going into Germany, Belgium, Sitzerland, south of France, southern Spain and Italy. So folks reach the end of the day, and look for a convenient little place to stop. Guess I'm it - !!

Nick has left now, to start his job waaaaaay over on the other side of France. If any of you can haul up a map of France, Gray (nearest large-ish town to me) is about 200km away from the Swiss border, and he's in Finistére, West coast, Atlantic side. It's about 900km away, so popping home in the evenings is not an option, and neither is a weekend - it takes a full day to get from one side of the country to the other. France is absolutely top-hole geared up for North-South travel, but let me tell you, East-West travel is an absolute nightmare!!

I really miss him, but I'm almost astonished at myself; I am actually managing to 'detach' from my emotions - !! I have never felt this way before, which tells me I have progressed somewhat.... I used to be very clingy, dependent on "loving" relationships, and quite Romantically demanding.... now, I miss him a whole lot, but I find myself successfully focussing on the 'every day is one day less' aspect of it all, and abiding in quietness and serenity.
Does all this sound a bit "I'm ever so wonderful"? I hope not.... most of you will know what I'm like..... I just wanted to pint out that it's experiences like this which reveal the successful achievements obtainable through walking the 8 fold path....

keep this forum going guys, it's the best one on the web, I'm convinced, so post and share!!

As ever, Federica :)

Comments

• ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited May 2005
    I can't answer for anyone else, but we've had a 3 day weekend here in the states, and I usually don't log on from home. Just no time in to do so!

Is this a permenent thing for Nick?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Well, it's a bit of a weird system in France... you have aprobationary period of one month - but you also get a contract for just that one month. Then he'll be put onto a CDD (Contrat de Durée Determinée - a Fixed-period Contract...) until the end of the year, given that the season is already a third of the way through. But he seems to think they are already making thinly-veiled hints and overtures about next year, as they' re discussing how sales are low in February, they go up in March/April, around Easter.... that kind of thing.... so it looks as if there might be a house move on the cards for me.... !
    There would be no point us being so far apart all the time... I mean, a temporary period is one thing, but it's pretty senseless beyond that....

What's this three-day week-end you've had then....?
    We used to have one of those around Pentecost until Rafarin put the kybosh on it.... but with their usual flair, the French took it as a holiday anyway, inspite of things....
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited May 2005
    It was Memorial Day for us, which usually is the big kickoff for summer!
  • edited May 2005
    Dear Fede,

I'm glad to hear you are busy and that being apart from a loved one is no longer the difficulty it previously was. I'm glad you feel progression is occurring in your practice - remember to enjoy it for more than just that!

A big bow,

Dave
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Hya BSF, nice to chat again..... paradoxically, it's still as difficult, but I just accept it through a different perception..... I'm enjoying "watching the show"..... really weird taking a step back and looking in...and rewarding! :)
  • edited June 2005
    im over here!
    edited June 2005
    I got to be careful how much I use the pc... I'm getting eye-strain - !!